Question About Hallam FM Arena...

cheeseman

Okay, Dont know if anyone know but when there is an event at the arena, is it possible to meet any of the artist etc, on their way out of the back door so to speak! I've met different bands at smaller events, but i have tickets to see oasis in october, I've seen them 4 times now so dont mind missing the encore if it would be possible to slip out and maybe meet the band for autographs etc! So my qustion is really, is there a seperated section for the exit of the band, has anyone met a performer at the arena???

I've never met anyone, and have hung around the fenced area where all the coaches are before and after gigs many times. The only ones that spring to mind were Westlife/Boyzone playing football out in the carpark a few years back, but I think it's unlikely you'd bump into Oasis.

However, We Are Scientists were in the standing area of the crowd watching the first support band when they supported Kaiser Chiefs in December!

Where is this "Hallam Fm Arena" ???

Has it been built to rival the Sheffield Arena ?

Hallam FM arena and Sheffield Arena are one and the same. The name was changed to Hallam arena as part of a sponsorship deal but that is now over and the name has been changed back to shefield arena. This can be very confusing for people driving to the arena because all the directional signs say Hallam FM Arena.

To answer part of the OP.

The Arena is located between Attercliffe and Carbrook and is located on the Outer Ring Road. There is a tram stop that services The Arean and Don Valley Stadium.

Okay, Dont know if anyone know but when there is an event at the arena, is it possible to meet any of the artist etc, on their way out of the back door so to speak! I've met different bands at smaller events, but i have tickets to see oasis in october, I've seen them 4 times now so dont mind missing the encore if it would be possible to slip out and maybe meet the band for autographs etc! So my qustion is really, is there a seperated section for the exit of the band, has anyone met a performer at the arena???

No, unless you hang around for hours and hope you're the only ones left, is the simple answer. Without a 'laminate', you'll probably be knackered.

Security would normally still be around a band like that like flies, and they'll rarely leave the venue for a couple of hours after the gig has finished anyway. The crew have to de-rig too.

Ive done security... there are a few ways to get to meet the people you wanna see... 1) hang round forever b4 and after the show... 2) Phone the place and ask if possible... 3) Buy a back stage pass... £££ 4) carry on dreaming...

Archived