Problems with the buses - 47/48/75/76

What happened to the good old days, when drivers used to take a more realistic detour, I really don't think there was any need for 3-4 47 busses to be piled up behind each other, in the same place, defies logic, in the meantime the customers are stood waiting for hours.

No offence but the NOT OUR FAULT fob off don't wash with me, I remember once upon a time when a driver would take it upon himself to detour when he noticed tons of bus's stuck in traffic, then ring in and notify whoever.

You'll not see it these days, they are quite happy to sit in queue and cash in on the overtime.

:rant:is there any point in trying to inform people why these delays are happening ?????

just for digsy , NO bus can go off-route without authorisation from management irrespective of what you as an individual think !!! they are tracked ALL they way .... & can you please tell me how , if you know so much , that a bus can get from pitsmoor to NGH , / firth park or any other point normally served by them in the adjacent vicinity with a suggested diversion of your own plz! .... folk live on barnsley road , what about people going to hospital for appts / visiting etc .... lets keep things real ...... if you wanna slag busses off why not start ur own thread .... this was started as advice to inform ppl why & of the need to plan journeys early for NGH reasons , ur contribution is of no assistance to anyone !!! :loopy:

Given that it's not the bus company's fault that these works mean you end up with three 47s and two 48s within two minutes of each other...

....what policy do they have in place to separate them out again once they're through the works? Or do they just leave them running close together with a huge gap someplace else in the system?

But would it matter to the passengers if it was going to add 10 minutes to a journey instead of 35-45 minutes???

It would matter to the passengers who live along Burngreave Road and Barnsley Road. They would have to walk a hell of a long way to and from the bus.

lol , ok .... good idea , you start , get off at firshill school , walk all the way down barnsley rd (thus viewing the standing traffic) ..... then get on another bus thro the lights at the bottom , which has amazingly as if by magic got thro all the standing traffic to be there waiting for you

PS it affects ur "can do no wrong" stagecoach busses too

So why can't first re-time the buses, where passengers can get off at 1 part and get onto another bus to continue the journey? Yes it might complicate matters but still could cut the delays down

I suspect that the bus companies have not thought of that or they don't have spare buses to run a shuttle service just for the duration of the roadworks.

They don't look like they are anywhere near finished either. It is going to be hell when the schools go back.

Does anyone know when the road works are due to be completed??

lol , ok .... good idea , you start , get off at firshill school , walk all the way down barnsley rd (thus viewing the standing traffic) ..... then get on another bus thro the lights at the bottom , which has amazingly as if by magic got thro all the standing traffic to be there waiting for you

PS it affects ur "can do no wrong" stagecoach busses too

In London they ran the bus services to either side of the roadworks and passengers could walk from one side of the works to the other and catch a bus the other side. However, There is not enough room on Barnsley Road for the buses to turn around.

Might also be worth pointing out that if you are approaching Fir Vale from Herries road you have to turn right and join the jam on Barnslay Road. At the Fir Vale end of Herries Road it is one way heading towards Longley and Southey. Barnsley Road might not be suffering the delays it is if it were not also carrying the Herries Road traffic.

Basically unless you have a car and can make a detour you just have to sit it out.

Given that it's not the bus company's fault that these works mean you end up with three 47s and two 48s within two minutes of each other...

....what policy do they have in place to separate them out again once they're through the works? Or do they just leave them running close together with a huge gap someplace else in the system?

None it appears, you wait, it's not their fault.

the buses can take 30 minute detour around for all I care, miss 10 stops, and pick up all the rest, meaning that only 10 stops worth if people are waiting for hours.

With 1 picking up the poor inconvenienced folk on that road ALONE, not the entire of the bus route.

And this thread is the only form of information I have seen on these inconveniences, face it on this one it is shear incompetence, and yes I AM THINKING ABOUT THOSE WITH APPOINTMENTS ETC, being one of them.

AND I AM WELL WITHIN MY RIGHTS TO TELL YOU WHAT I THINK, I PAY FOR THE DAMN SERVICE.

:rant:is there any point in trying to inform people why these delays are happening ?????

just for digsy , NO bus can go off-route without authorisation from management irrespective of what you as an individual think !!! they are tracked ALL they way .... & can you please tell me how , if you know so much , that a bus can get from pitsmoor to NGH , / firth park or any other point normally served by them in the adjacent vicinity with a suggested diversion of your own plz! .... folk live on barnsley road , what about people going to hospital for appts / visiting etc .... lets keep things real ...... if you wanna slag busses off why not start ur own thread .... this was started as advice to inform ppl why & of the need to plan journeys early for NGH reasons , ur contribution is of no assistance to anyone !!! :loopy:

Well it is if it helps you folk work out a way of not keeping EVERYONE waiting.

If the problem is at the other end of town why is it causing problems in gleadless.I waited over an hour on wednesday for a bus to go to work in town 5 buses went up Blackstock Road in that hour.2 came down not in service and the one i caught came at the proper time of 6.10 was suppose to start work at 6.15 was not happy.

Archived