Problems with the buses - 47/48/75/76

None it appears, you wait, it's not their fault.

the buses can take 30 minute detour around for all I care, miss 10 stops, and pick up all the rest, meaning that only 10 stops worth if people are waiting for hours.

With 1 picking up the poor inconvenienced folk on that road ALONE, not the entire of the bus route.

And this thread is the only form of information I have seen on these inconveniences, face it on this one it is shear incompetence, and yes I AM THINKING ABOUT THOSE WITH APPOINTMENTS ETC, being one of them.

AND I AM WELL WITHIN MY RIGHTS TO TELL YOU WHAT I THINK, I PAY FOR THE DAMN SERVICE.

Yes it was shear incompetence for First to dig up the road and create the roadworks,maybe when you have an understanding of the operational side of bus operators and the restictions placed on them in relation to routes and diversions then you could come back with a less ridiculous post.

Take time to look around and the information is supplied,Shear incompetence on your part.

I do think this thread highlights the problem with bus passengers.... always moaning.

The best thing bus drivers can do, is simply to order all the passengers off the bus for no reason (say its a health and safety issue) and then just drive off

Most passengers even moan then as well

I cant beleive some posts on this thread. Someone kindly puts up info about a traffic jam and people just want to have a go.

How on earth can the bus drivers be blamed for road works???? :loopy:

and why is it then the bus companies fault for not making more effort to get people to and from work/hospital etc.. on time shouldnt it be the job of the people in charge of the disruption in the first place :suspect:

If the problem is at the other end of town why is it causing problems in gleadless.I waited over an hour on wednesday for a bus to go to work in town 5 buses went up Blackstock Road in that hour.2 came down not in service and the one i caught came at the proper time of 6.10 was suppose to start work at 6.15 was not happy.

Because once the buses are delayed it thows the whole timetable into disarray and it becomes very difficult getting them back to normal working times. Traffic jams cause bunching of buses which is why you see them travelling together.

Deerobe .... someone with some sense ....... gleadless people ..... the 47/48 (combined) operates at 6 min intervals at daytime/peak running ....... it is taking all the excess time to get down barnsley rd as stated ..... some 5 or 600 yds of road .... NOW moaners , work it out for yourself , at 6 min intervals how many busses are gonna be stuck in that section of the route cos of these works when it can take upwards of 30 mins for such a short distance , c'mon , its not rocket science !!!

but sadly i think my efforts on informing folk of the reason have been wasted & due to certain ppls comments , i shall not do it again , you'll all have to suffer in ignorance because of a few spoilt brats who think the world owes them a living & a bus should turn up on demand for these individuals , unfortunately the delays , no matter who u wanna blame WILL continue until roadworks at said location are finished .... gas works they are , contact the gas board / contractors / council or who ever you have a mind to & ask how long this is likely to be

2 came down not in service.

The not in service buses would have been sent back into the city centre in an attempt to reregulate (forgive me if this is not the correct term in Sheffield) the service. You waited an hour. People in the city centre may have been waiting longer than an hour.

wouldn't it be a quicker detour for the 47/48 to go via shirecliffe and come out at the top of rutland road? that's what taxis have been doing.

the 75/76 would still be serving the hospital as usual.....

what about the people who live on this route , there are many areas on the 47/48 route which are served only by these busses (shirecliffe already has other serv's operating in the area )

get used to the way things are for the time being till the works are complete , take a trip to the area if you think things are being exaggerated , take a look for urself , not just at rush hour times , all day long at this location , maybe you will understand then & not want to blame people who are simply doing a job all the time !!!!!

wouldn't it be a quicker detour for the 47/48 to go via shirecliffe and come out at the top of rutland road? that's what taxis have been doing.

the 75/76 would still be serving the hospital as usual.....

So what if I live at the top of Firshill and want to get to Gleadless?

Then work out how long it takes to make a detour, and have X amount of bus's taking it, makes sense to me.

Instead I pay £7 to miss an appointment, to which you I to pay another £7 to attend at some other time, and spend a big chunk of the day waiting for a bus.

Who said anything about them being responsible for digging up the roads, certainly not me, what I am saying is that they are responsible for not taking alternate and realistically workable measures, that don't leave people standing around and wasting their money.

About say you call us moaners, I call you incompetent.

You could just have 1 bus stuck at the lights every x amount of minutes, with one entering the queue as the other passes through, the rest taking a detour, that only inconveniences a few bus stops, not the entire route.

Archived