Problems with the buses - 47/48/75/76

Just waited for the bus at Page Hall, thought i'd capitalise on catching a Stagecoach bus and only paying £1.

Unfortunately they won't stop as only diverted, heard people at bus stop saying it was about insurance.

So does that mean you cannot get off a 47/48 88 Bus between firth park and barnsley road?

Or is it just that First have the contracts to operate certain routes, and they must have been worried that people will wait for Stagecoach and pay £1 as opposed to £1.70.

Ridiculous situation, buses going past that can't stop due to some stupid monopoly.

to all people inconvenienced by the errattic running of services 47/48/75/76 ...... the delays are being caused by roadworks at the bottom of barnsley rd in the firvale area , it is taking (for what is from pitsmoor to the bottom of barnsley rd) instead of approx 3 - 4 mins .... it is taking 30 - 45 mins just to get down barnsley rd it is NOT the fault of the driver or bus operator!!!! it is due to "essential gas main works" ..... plz do not have a go at the driver , it is totally out of our control , it is no more fun for us to be sat inching our way along than it is for you to be waiting a long while. if you feel the need to have a go at anyone contact the department responsible for the works .... i know when they are pulling busses off right left & centre & ur waiting etc its annoying but drivers have to have their breaks BY LAW but until the works have been completed , bus users & drivers are all in the same boat im afraid

anyone with northern general hospital appt's would be advised to travel early perhaps mods could make this a sticky

this is intended for ppls information & not another bus slagging thread as it is in no way bus drivers/operators fault & until completion of works will unfortunately continue !!!

So has this work being going on for the last year, because the 47 route has always been erratic, especially after 4 p.m.

If the problem is at the other end of town why is it causing problems in gleadless.I waited over an hour on wednesday for a bus to go to work in town 5 buses went up Blackstock Road in that hour.2 came down not in service and the one i caught came at the proper time of 6.10 was suppose to start work at 6.15 was not happy.

exactley seems stupid too surely running a 48 in to town and back would be easier than having a timetable system that doesnt work and a lot of irate passengers with first not caring abut its passengers again .

I do think this thread highlights the problem with bus passengers.... always moaning.

The best thing bus drivers can do, is simply to order all the passengers off the bus for no reason (say its a health and safety issue) and then just drive off

Most passengers even moan then as well

shut up trouble causer crawl back under the stone where u live

I would argue that the council traffic planning department bears some responsibility for the mess that these road works have created. Who's bright idea was it to grant the contractors permission to reduce the Barnsley Road / Owler Lane junction to one lane with out realising that the existing traffic light timings would cause utter havoc. Traffic turning right from Barnsley Road onto Owler Lane has about 10 or so seconds to get round whereas traffic wishing to continue straight ahead past the Northern General has about 20 - 25 seconds. The traffic lights are on different timings. Both straight ahead and right hand turning traffic are being forced into the right hand lane, which is controled by the right turning traffic signal. The traffic flow bods in the council should have better planned for this mess by making sure that the traffic light timings are temporarily altered for the duration of the lane closure. It's not rocket science.

Archived