Problems with the buses - 47/48/75/76

Im not being funny but a deaf bloke who lives above from us explained he had waited an hour and 50 minutes for a bus the other day from town to gleadless , the 47 and 48 have been coming when they want for a good year now, its just getting worse, if the traffic is building up then maybe the bus company should use some common sense and change the route for a while.

Gleadless is took for granted as far as bus services are concerened, i find it pretty sad how they can only run one bus down Leighton Road considering the amount of area it actually covers, one of the biggest areas of Sheffield may i add.

The bus company is to blame not the drivers, but the gaffers arnt driving the buses and peeps are obviously gonna moan.

Lets hope it gets sorted its not getting any warmer and half the stops in gleadless havent got shelters.

I do think this thread highlights the problem with bus passengers.... always moaning.

The best thing bus drivers can do, is simply to order all the passengers off the bus for no reason (say its a health and safety issue) and then just drive off

Most passengers even moan then as well

That to me shows the mentality of the people we pay to drive us.

Im not being funny but a deaf bloke who lives above from us explained he had waited an hour and 50 minutes for a bus the other day from town to gleadless , the 47 and 48 have been coming when they want for a good year now, its just getting worse, if the traffic is building up then maybe the bus company should use some common sense and change the route for a while.

Gleadless is took for granted as far as bus services are concerened, i find it pretty sad how they can only run one bus down Leighton Road considering the amount of area it actually covers, one of the biggest areas of Sheffield may i add.

The bus company is to blame not the drivers, but the gaffers arnt driing the buses and peeps are obviously gonna moan.

Lets hope it gets sorted its not getting any warmer and half the stops in gleadless havent got shelters.

Be fun when school children are back at school people needing to get to work and that .Not meaning to be funny dont blame the bus drivers maybe bnut does not help with some of the attitude of some of the drivers .

what about the people who live on this route , there are many areas on the 47/48 route which are served only by these busses (shirecliffe already has other serv's operating in the area )

get used to the way things are for the time being till the works are complete , take a trip to the area if you think things are being exaggerated , take a look for urself , not just at rush hour times , all day long at this location , maybe you will understand then & not want to blame people who are simply doing a job all the time !!!!!

whoa!!

i am not blaming the buses at all!! i have never had any problem with bus drivers in sheffield and i do live on the 47/48 route.

it was just an idea. i live at lane top and i think it must be one of the areas best served by buses in the entire city. on second thoughts i guess the 47/48 route couldn't be re-routed in the way i suggested, but the 88 could (which is my bus of choice into town)

:)

I find it most interesting that most of the grumbles on here are about the 47/48. but many routes are affected. 265 Sheffield -Barnsley service; 88; 75/76 among them. So whay are the customers of the other services not complaining?

What happened to the good old days, when drivers used to take a more realistic detour, I really don't think there was any need for 3-4 47 busses to be piled up behind each other, in the same place, defies logic, in the meantime the customers are stood waiting for hours.

No offence but the NOT OUR FAULT fob off don't wash with me, I remember once upon a time when a driver would take it upon himself to detour when he noticed tons of bus's stuck in traffic, then ring in and notify whoever.

You'll not see it these days, they are quite happy to sit in queue and cash in on the overtime.

you talk rubbish no offence its a fob off, a driver can't detour themselves or the are sacked for doin so, also isn't it illegal to phone while you are driving you are asking the drivers to break the law for your own benefit, would you do the same if you was in that situation, i will answer that one for you NO you wouldn't and don't fob me off with you would,

It is an offence to use a mobile phone while driving (the only exeption is in an emergancey this hasnt been tried in court yet but road works would not be included)

It is an offence to go off the registered route if he is told by control or an autherised person ie police officer, transport official - inspector or pte official then he would have a defence

Minty if your reasioning is so good why do you have to use foul language ?

That to me shows the mentality of the people we pay to drive us.
your qoutes show the how ignorant us the general public are towards bus drivers, bare in mind my dad was one in the 70s different then but still had detours and even they couldn't just detour sypte played judge in them days also good one for you a detour in a double decker from meadowhall can't go up jenkin rd due to road works would you send it up barrow road, please no one else answer it let mr/mrs perfect digsy answer it, your sort of back bench know it alls make me sick.

Archived