Problems with the buses - 47/48/75/76

Digsy ..... hope some of your silly theories have now been answered & now realise we cannot divert ourselves , nor will management designate an official diversion , as both drivers & non drivers have stated some busses are unique to certain routes or part thereof !!!!

contact as i have previously suggested , the utility concerned with the works / contractors , maybe even the council to ascertain when these works will be finished & things return to some sort of normality ..... ok i agree its annoying & irritating stood waiting 30 mins for any bus which is suppose to run much more regular but however much you hate drivers we cannot get thro standing traffic for you or anyone else , use a bitta common m8 .... if you are indeed as perfect as you seem to try & portray then get urself a bus drivers job & revolutionise the whole public transport system !!!

busses running together :- busy times , bus in front stops picks up lots of ppl (particularly 9am time) time when senior citizens can use passes & have to allow extra time for them to take a seat as often they are elderly ppl going to town , they are as much entitled to travel as you & in saftey (let them sit down before we set off )... bus behind catches up .... thus running together not rocket science if you apply thought as to why this happens is it now Digsy ?

Just waited for the bus at Page Hall, thought i'd capitalise on catching a Stagecoach bus and only paying £1.

Unfortunately they won't stop as only diverted, heard people at bus stop saying it was about insurance.

So does that mean you cannot get off a 47/48 88 Bus between firth park and barnsley road?

Or is it just that First have the contracts to operate certain routes, and they must have been worried that people will wait for Stagecoach and pay £1 as opposed to £1.70.

Ridiculous situation, buses going past that can't stop due to some stupid monopoly.

I catch the 88 at 6.05am and one chap who normally gets off at the NG and walks to Page Hall is made to go right to the traffic lights at the junction.

Why can't the driver let him off at Page hall.

Ok a couple might get on but so what....it's only (by now) 6.15am and disrupting nobody.

To me the insurance thing is rubbish. It's just jobsworths having a laugh.

I catch the 88 at 6.05am and one chap who normally gets off at the NG and walks to Page Hall is made to go right to the traffic lights at the junction.

Why can't the driver let him off at Page hall.

Ok a couple might get on but so what....it's only (by now) 6.15am and disrupting nobody.

To me the insurance thing is rubbish. It's just jobsworths having a laugh.

on that point , plz note First are obliged to observe ALL stops on an official diversion , such as the diversion into city on 47/48 as that particular stretch of barnsley rd (above NGH) is now 1 way , they come into city using the 75/76 route from firth pk ..... all stops to be served for picking up / dropping off whilst diversion is in place !!!

i got no idea about stagecoach drivers policy tho , sorry

Cars are better than buses in my humble opinion. A bus has to please too many people at once but a car only has to please the one.

You are obviously not married, having to give lifts to your wife and mother-in-law.

Now, if mother-in laws where in charge of the route planning we would have no problems, as they always know best.:hihi:

All of the time that my wife goes to work, she's late about 2-4 times a week due to the buses up Blackstock Rd. She works at Meadowhall and has to get the X78. But the 48's never show up on time and are always late. Plus she then has to spend an extra £1.60 to get the TM Travel bus.

I reckon the 47-48 service is possibly the worse in Sheffield, the buses are so on and off its untrue, every single day there is someone saying ive been waiting 40 minutes-50 minutes an hour for a bus now.

I feel sorry for the people who have to be at work who rely on the buses round here, they must be late all the time or have to set off at least an hour earlier, than what they would normally,

I reckon the 47-48 service is possibly the worse in Sheffield, the buses are so on and off its untrue, every single day there is someone saying ive been waiting 40 minutes-50 minutes an hour for a bus now.

I feel sorry for the people who have to be at work who rely on the buses round here, they must be late all the time or have to set off at least an hour earlier, than what they would normally,

I agree with every word you say, the Herdings service is terrible as someone has already mention why not just re-route for a while if the roadworks are that bad? I have always said that the route itself is too long,it should just run from Shiregreen to town and likewise from Herdings.

One thing that does annoy me is the fact that the 47 is the only bus I can catch home and the bus gets packed with people who live around the Heeley Green area, result people like me have to stand up from town to Heeley Green, you cant blame the people they need to get home too, but this is the ONLY bus I can catch, I stand up all day at work and its nice to sit down going home. I must say that it is better now with the double deckers of course but thats only when they turn up.

Archived