Problems with the buses - 47/48/75/76

thats something for you to arrange & implement (a petition/meeting with management etc) ....... i'll tell you for nothing , we do not have time on these routes to catch up if & when we get behind , the running times are so tight (id agree things need lookin at on that point) but since the new busses have come into service , the passenger numbers have vastly increased & it is almost inevitable ur gonna fall behind schedule & the new busses themselves (tho they may look the part) are simply not quick enough , especially uphill) to catch up on urself , 47/48 with or without added roadworks delays must be 1 of the busiest routes around nowadays

thats something for you to arrange & implement (a petition/meeting with management etc) ....... i'll tell you for nothing , we do not have time on these routes to catch up if & when we get behind , the running times are so tight (id agree things need lookin at on that point) but since the new busses have come into service , the passenger numbers have vastly increased & it is almost inevitable ur gonna fall behind schedule & the new busses themselves (tho they may look the part) are simply not quick enough , especially uphill) to catch up on urself , 47/48 with or without added roadworks delays must be 1 of the busiest routes around nowadays

this is just it though, it is not only inconveniencing passengers, its putting added pressure on the drivers who are just trying to do their jobs and are the ones usually in the firing line, the route is too long and is getting busier so it needs addressing doesnt it?

i certainly know what its like to be the face of a company, getting all the abuse while the bigwigs behind it all seem to do nothing and dont seem to understand the situation!:confused:

this is just it though, it is not only inconveniencing passengers, its putting added pressure on the drivers who are just trying to do their jobs and are the ones usually in the firing line, the route is too long and is getting busier so it needs addressing doesnt it?

i certainly know what its like to be the face of a company, getting all the abuse while the bigwigs behind it all seem to do nothing and dont seem to understand the situation!:confused:

peewee84 ... thx for tryna come to drivers assistance lol , but the route itself isnt really that long , for a complete journey from herdings to herdings etc it takes (by their reckoning) some 1 hr 45 mins which is easily done early in a morning & after about 6.30pm , compare that to a 76 where a journey is approx 3 hrs 20 !!! as for getting busier , no truer word has been spoken , yes we drivers are in the firing line & times come when u get sick of the same "ive been stood ere X amount of minutes" stuff ..... during the day & especially peak hours you have literally no chance of keeping them on time now ..... so if someone arranges a petition or something similar , you will not only be doing urselves a favour , but drivers too if it has any effect

there are too many bottlenecks on this route too - firth park , st marys rd roundabout , barnsley rd (at the mo), traffic lights at end of nursery st going into town anyone thats been sat there 10 mins on a 47/48 or even a 53 will know that is true !!!!

if thats the case some one should look at splitting the route up then its too long .

peewee84 ... thx for tryna come to drivers assistance lol , but the route itself isnt really that long , for a complete journey from herdings to herdings etc it takes (by their reckoning) some 1 hr 45 mins which is easily done early in a morning & after about 6.30pm , compare that to a 76 where a journey is approx 3 hrs 20 !!! as for getting busier , no truer word has been spoken , yes we drivers are in the firing line & times come when u get sick of the same "ive been stood ere X amount of minutes" stuff ..... during the day & especially peak hours you have literally no chance of keeping them on time now ..... so if someone arranges a petition or something similar , you will not only be doing urselves a favour , but drivers too if it has any effect

there are too many bottlenecks on this route too - firth park , st marys rd roundabout , barnsley rd (at the mo), traffic lights at end of nursery st going into town anyone thats been sat there 10 mins on a 47/48 or even a 53 will know that is true !!!!

wiz honestley do u think from a man who knows the company a petetion will do anything.

you talk rubbish no offence its a fob off, a driver can't detour themselves or the are sacked for doin so, also isn't it illegal to phone while you are driving you are asking the drivers to break the law for your own benefit, would you do the same if you was in that situation, i will answer that one for you NO you wouldn't and don't fob me off with you would,

I have been on quite a few buses in my past when the driver has come upon an accident and took a quick route around, and you are not driving when you are stood stationary, lets say at the bottom of barnsley road.

To top that, I have a relative that works as a driver for first, and a friend that works for them, my father used to work for them too, and even they say the fault is probably down to management "as usual".

One time I was on the 95 bus going down city road, there had been an accident and from the petrol station down, it was closed off, so the bus went down norfolk park avenue, so I know for a FACT that buses CAN be diverted.

The basic problem is road works if the roadworks are to carry on for a long period then the company running the bus as a responsibility to both customers and staff to change the timetable so it is in line with what is happening on the ground. Before I am told that isn’t possible look at the comments from the traffic commissioners in various traffic court hearings concerning late running buses due to road works

as in someones previous posting on this thread you are a trouble maker what is wrong with telling it as it is, and your spelling is rubbish, i was on the bus drivers side, as member of the public seeing it from a drivers view upon reading your post against me, i see why bus drivers with a attitude like yours get abuse, your probably on the 13/14 route 50% of them are abusive and know how to turn language out, end of message olive out, iv'e heard it many a time while travelling on the abusive driven 13/14, you'll know what i mean mr busman.

Saying someone else's spelling is rubbish when yours is too is a bit silly.

Archived