New bar called the green

blackspot

I went down on Sat afternoon for some lunch to have a look round and ended up staying all night. The decor is classy, def no shag pile, good plasma screens, great selection of wine, including a really good pinot blush! I even had a go on the simulators and think they are brill... nothing like i expected and by far one of the best things i`ve seen in Sheff. I was told that the aim is to also be able to use the nintendo wii`s linked up to them and/or watch the football/dvd`s on them...

Wud just like to say i popped into the bar called Green 2nite , 4 a start it looks nice and very well finished , i was greeted at the door which impressed me , also i was offered table service , which i declined , i went 2 the bar and was greeted again by a guy called nic he pointed me in the direction of a bottled beer called kasteel , fair play it was bang on , i was then approached by a guy who is the manager , can't remember his name (but i'm sure i know him from town) he showed me round the building and introduced me 2 a guy called john who gave a demo on the golf machines and then let me hit a few balls , he also gave me a bit of advice on how 2 improve my swing , all in all excellent customer service , but it was a slow tuesday nite , let's c if they can keep up the service when there busy , but well done guys and every sucess

I picked up the owner (or one of the owners) in my cab the other day, on the opening night and I was asking about the theme and what type of bar etc.

I think it sounds like a great idea. It looks nice inside too, and situated in a beautiful building. He was a sound bloke too, hope it goes well for them.

No it is not owned by fuel and it is not a gay bar but we do not discriminate.

Friday was a friends and family dry run but also felt certain people would be let in for there opinions. This was to test all facilities and draw attention to problems, which it did and they got rectified. The simulators are amazing but you have to see them to believe them. Green is late bar with a golf facility in the day the simulators are shut down at 10pm and the bar runs untill 1:30am at weekends.

as for shag pile carpet??? you sure you came in?

why not visit our website http://www.green-golf.co.uk

The simulators do not just have to be for golf....? somebody should have informed you when you came in so sorry they didn't, imagematters.

Query for BSM. Britain's Sexiest Man? Are you sure?? :hihi:

I know one of the owners and when he first talking about the idea of a golf bar (which seems like ages ago now) i have to say i was a bit dubious. But now i've seen it I'm really impressed. My boyfriend is a keen golfer and was really impressed with the simulators and is pleased he and his golfer friends can still more or less play golf in the winter months - he says it's that realistic. He also said it's loads better than a driving range and well worth the money.

I don't really know a lot about golf, but i'd still go there for a drink and some food, it's well done out and in a beautiful building and the staff are all nice. And i'd hire one of the screens out for a world cup football match or something equivalent - i'm a midget so being able to see for once will be a novelty for me. And you can play the wii on it which i will be trying out at some point.

x

Archived