Where is the best traditional fish and chip shop in sheffield?

Sheffy2008

I used to frequent 2 steps in the 90s when it was dirt cheap. I was drunk most of the time but the pies were superb and homemade. Haven't been recently since its changed hands.

Chippy at the bottom of Greystones Road (run by Chinese family) do excellent chips. The fish is ok but batter can be a little greasey.

I went to the one at Millhouses traffic lights last week and I was impressed. Batter was very good and crispy, chips were ok.

However not as good as the fish & chips from Zippys in Towyn (mid wales) I had last week, yummy!

for real good fish and chips you need to hit up Grimsby though :)

So true-being brought up in Grimsby, i do find it impossible to find a fish and chip shop that compares to the freshness and quality that Grimsby provides.

My dad often visit the shops on the docks to buy salmon and tuna for me to bring back to sheffield.

But to answer your question- Two steps on sharrowvale rd is your best bet.

If you do happen to visit Grimsby/cleethorpes- Steels in cleethorpe's market place is the best restaurant to have fish and chips in.

Try "Woodseats fisheries" fish and chip shop in Woodseats shopping area Chesterfield road. There not bad and a good price too. I always ask for Cod and chips.

The one further up the road by the Abbey pub is better. More expensive but defo a bit better and my fave.

The one further up the road by the Abbey pub is better. More expensive but defo a bit better and my fave.

No WAY! Woodseats Fisheries is miles better! And I'm from Leeds, so I know what I'm talking about! (fish and chips in Leeds are generally leagues ahead of most places in the UK and definiely can show Sheffield a thing or three)

Tony's in Mosborough is good, but don't go to the Admiral round the corner, they are rubbish!

Tonys is quite good I agree

Used to dislike Admiral with a great passion but as time has gone on I can say they are quite a bloody good place to go if your hankering after a quick but good quality chippy tea

Archived