Where is the best traditional fish and chip shop in sheffield?

Sheffy2008

No WAY! Woodseats Fisheries is miles better! And I'm from Leeds, so I know what I'm talking about! (fish and chips in Leeds are generally leagues ahead of most places in the UK and definiely can show Sheffield a thing or three)

But they serve in placcy/poly containers don`t they? That`s sooo wrong.

So true-being brought up in Grimsby, i do find it impossible to find a fish and chip shop that compares to the freshness and quality that Grimsby provides.

My dad often visit the shops on the docks to buy salmon and tuna for me to bring back to sheffield.

But to answer your question- Two steps on sharrowvale rd is your best bet.

If you do happen to visit Grimsby/cleethorpes- Steels in cleethorpe's market place is the best restaurant to have fish and chips in.

Heh, Steels rocks! It can get fairly busy in there but its so so nice :D

I was also brought up there, when I go back to see my mum the first thing I want is some Grimsby fish n chips. That is about all its good for though.

And I'm from Leeds, so I know what I'm talking about! (fish and chips in Leeds are generally leagues ahead of most places in the UK and definiely can show Sheffield a thing or three)

Since when? As someone who grew up in Grimsby the UK's best place for fish, and known as Europe's food town, I know a thing or two about this sort of stuff. Leeds is somewhat flagging compared with the coastal towns.

Archived