Yorkshire Puddings!

CJSheffield

thas gorra wait till bubbles av gon before sticking mix in't oven,an tha dunt want a lot o fat in pan,just cover bottom and ler it smoke fer a minute before purrin mix in....

that's how a yorkshire chef told me he made his yorkshire puddings,and up to now iv'e never made a bad one..

Thanks everyone for the advice on how to make the best Yorkies. I'll definitely be having another go next week.

We're clearing out some of the stuff in the kitchen today and stripping the walls, so Aunt Bessie is going to be coming round again for the time being.

I'd better go and buy some new pudding trays now as I threw the old ones out in disgust a few years ago!

Next question; muffin size, round cake tin size or roasting pan size? Which is the best, or does it depend on who's sitting for dinner?

Damkina

Thanks everyone for the advice on how to make the best Yorkies. I'll definitely be having another go next week.

We're clearing out some of the stuff in the kitchen today and stripping the walls, so Aunt Bessie is going to be coming round again for the time being.

I'd better go and buy some new pudding trays now as I threw the old ones out in disgust a few years ago!

Next question; muffin size, round cake tin size or roasting pan size? Which is the best, or does it depend on who's sitting for dinner?

Damkina

roasting pan size,after you have cooked the meat and roast spuds you have the hot fat to hand, plus it saves on the washing up.:)

it is also said, that you should "never wash your Yorkshire pudding tin out", as it ruins the pan, and you can't get the puddings to come back the same.

as for the recipe, my mother showed that the Yorkies turn out best when the ingredients are just "chucked in" together, without measuring. (if you can gauge the approximates for the flour and milk.)

Archived