Loxley Independent Chapel, Loxley Road

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I cant help you with your precise query, but I am tracing my Family Tree and came across some details of a relative named Rev. Henry Hope who was interred in Loxley Cemetry. Do you know whether the Church that you were referring to had a cemetry and where along Loxley Road is it situated. I do not know the Sheffield area at all. Thanks for any help.

Hi Gillygolly

Loxley Cemetery is about half a mile away from the chapel that smiths565 mentioned, actually on Long Lane, Loxley.

Just across the road there is also Wisewood Cemetery.

I am involved with family history groups, so if you have any more details of your ancestor, date of death etc. let me know and I will take a look for you the next time I'm passing.

Pietro

Thanks for your message. I didnt realise that there were 2 cemetries so close. I could only see the Wisewood one on the map. I have also found some photos of Loxley Chapel on another one of the questions on this website. I think that I will keep reading this webite, you never know what you might learn. I have also found a Sheffied Genealogy site which has some old maps on it, which again might be useful. Thanks again.

Gillygolly

• 10 years later...

Trying To Find Loxley Chapel & Cemetery?

Loxley Chapel & Cemetery can be found on Long Lane in Sheffield. The business located next to Loxley Cemetery (on the same side of the road) is:

Loxley Nurseries

Long Lane

Loxley

Sheffield

S6 6RL

Also for more info on Loxley Chapel & Cemetery go to the Sheffield Forum page called;

'Loxley Chapel And Burial Ground'

and

'Loxley Chapel & Loxley Cemetery. Who allowed it to get in this state?'