Pub opposite Tinsley Tramsheds?

Texas

I was reminded the other day of a pub supposed to be opposite the old tramsheds at Tinsley. Now I suppose that the tramsheds, and the whole area, has been totalled a long time ago but the pub (I'm led to believe)was left standing amidst the desolation.

This guy who told me all this was the son of the landlord, a man with the surname of King.

Does anyone remember the pub, or indeed,the landlord? The guy, the son, was one of twins but they look more like Dud 'n Pete than twins.

I was reminded the other day of a pub supposed to be opposite the old tramsheds at Tinsley. Now I suppose that the tramsheds, and the whole area, has been totalled a long time ago but the pub (I'm led to believe)was left standing amidst the desolation.

This guy who told me all this was the son of the landlord, a man with the surname of King.

Does anyone remember the pub, or indeed,the landlord? The guy, the son, was one of twins but they look more like Dud 'n Pete than twins.

The tram sheds are still there, a tile warehouse now.

Wasn't the buiding next door, Sheffield side, a pub. There is a big new advertising sign there now.

yes - the tinsley tramsheds are still there - and i think the pub was beside them on the left as you entered the yard. it was still open upto around 15? years ago , then became a cafe before being demolished around 8-9 ? years ago. Like Tooeg says , a large advertising board now stands on the site. Just to let people know ,half of the tramsheds have recently been acquired to house local preserved vehicles (mainly buses). and hopefully, open days will be announced once they have settled in!

Just to let people know ,half of the tramsheds have recently been acquired to house local preserved vehicles (mainly buses). and hopefully, open days will be announced once they have settled in!

I noticed the other day that there are four really old buses in the yard. That must be why. :)

The pub almost next door to the Tramsheds, - on the corner of Weedon street was the Commercial Hotel. I was in there a few times in the 70s.

Across the road, more or less opposite the end of Weedon street was the Tinsley Hotel, but I think this was gone before I became familiar with the area - at least I don't remember it.

Thanks for your interest lads. The guy who gave me all the info' could only have been born in the early 70's, but he was adamant that it was opposite the sheds, so that can only mean it was the 'Tinsley Hotel'. I didn't know the area much at all but was given to believe everything had been flattened around there.

Archived