Pub opposite Tinsley Tramsheds?

Texas

I was reminded the other day of a pub supposed to be opposite the old tramsheds at Tinsley. Now I suppose that the tramsheds, and the whole area, has been totalled a long time ago but the pub (I'm led to believe)was left standing amidst the desolation.

This guy who told me all this was the son of the landlord, a man with the surname of King.

Does anyone remember the pub, or indeed,the landlord? The guy, the son, was one of twins but they look more like Dud 'n Pete than twins.

the pub opposite the tramsheds was called Banks Hotel on the other corner was the tinsley hotel on lockhouse lane, and the commercial was on the end of weedon street

• 2 months later...

i lived in the tinsley hotel for a number of years , the burrns hotel was on the opposite corner, i remember quite well the rush for beer at 10 oclock from the mill workers from hollow drill we left about 1958 to go to beehive in grimesthorpe then hallamshire house on commonside

i lived in the tinsley hotel for a number of years , the burrns hotel was on the opposite corner, i remember quite well the rush for beer at 10 oclock from the mill workers from hollow drill we left about 1958 to go to beehive in grimesthorpe then hallamshire house on commonside

beehive boy,wasn't The Beehive on Upwell Street opposite Chambers Lane. I used to work at Homeric in the fifties

beehive boy,wasn't The Beehive on Upwell Street opposite Chambers Lane. I used to work at Homeric in the fifties

the beehive was on upwell lane near to chambers lane the pub at the top of chambers lane was the bowling green which is still there the beehive was nocked down years ago, lived in the beehive from about 1958 -1965

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
hi cf8m

the pub oppersite weedon street was the tinsley hotel and was at the bottom of lock house lane if you went up this lane you passed a firm called sheffield hollow drill,then into thos wards yard if you went over the footbridge it took you to ranskill road and the site of the tinsley park colliery regards aj

and the cricket ground ,that cost me 21 stiches and a week in the childrens hospitle

Archived