Tumble dryer problems MEGATHREAD

what make is it?

try the reset button first

ours stopped heating, I ordered a new element from the manufacturer (crosslee, and that's the manufacturer, not the name on the badge) but it was too much of a faff trying to swap it over, so got an engineer in. Still cost me less than a straight call-out would have done as there'd have been a call back after he'd ordered the part, and a mark up on the part

I had to argue the toss about the 'genuineness' of the part though, and he only backed down when I showed him the invoice and delivery note, and the packaging all splattered with the manufacturer's name (then questioned the 'genuineness' of any part he may be supplying :P )

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

nope shouldnt be expensive to repair if you know what your doing then get the model number of the tumble dryer then go to any electrical applience shop and get the belt yourself should be simple enough to do as i think not quite sure though they are at the back at the very bottom where the motor is.

Depends on make & model really. It will be either easy, or a real pain in the butt.

If you have trouble locating spares, let me know. Have managed to find all sorts of odd parts - eventually! Have got several websites bookmarked now who are usually a good bet.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived