Tumble dryer problems MEGATHREAD

This happened to our Washer/Drier (Hotpoint) and clearing the filter cured the problem.

However, the filter on our machine is not located behind a flap on the front of the machine. If its a Hotpoint (Or other 'filterless' machine) the Filter is accessable behind the rear panel at the bottom of the machine between a 'Y' shaped junction of pipes.

Hope this helps.

Yeah we have a hotpoint and its located at the back/bottom of the machine. http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=912326#912326

Is a thread I asked for help on how to find and empty the filter on my HP Washer/dryer.

Is it likely to be a simple solution?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I think the two simpletons who were offering misleading advcie have retired with cocao.Both are co-residents wth my nanan in Upperthorpe nursing home .SF is their only escape from bedpans and blanket baths.They tend to fade after matron shuts off their wireless router although they have been known to go halves on a dongle which gives both pleasure

just had the same problem last week so i googled it, they said check the filter so i did and it was bunged up so i cleaned it and it still didnt work so i checked the drainage pipe leading in to the filter and this was blocked, so i un cliped it c;eaned it out then put it back and hey presto it works a treat.

if you google your machine youll find a user manual and try it yourself before you call a repair man. even clips on youtube about cleaning the filter just search it

Archived