Tumble dryer problems MEGATHREAD

What was the problem with yours Katie?

I still don't know :rolleyes:

your thread just reminded me to chase up the insurance company cos their engineers hadn't called me back yet.

So it doesn't look like it'll get fixed this week - oh well Gadget will have to be a stinky pants for a bit longer!

I'd never go back to drying clothes on radiators, it makes your house damp and encourages mould, I mean, where do you think all the moisture actually goes when you dry stuff on radiators ?

It might be worth taking the lot to the nearest lauderette to dry it ?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Been a while since i was last on here, i've even become something of an ex-pat since(I've moved to the Isle of Wight).

Any way as the Topic title suggests i need help changing a belt on my Tumble Dryer. I have resently took the back off to change the element which went ok but on putting the belt back on i noticed it seems to be rather slack, so i went out and bought a new one. it turned out to be the same size, the dryer was second hand. but the belt didn't go around the Jockey wheel (which i'm sure it should) even when i put it back on it was slack. the dryer is a SERVIS-220 if that helps, any assistance will be greatfully received as at the moment my dryer is in many peices on the floor.

THANKS

MARTIN

• 7 months later...

Archived