Tumble dryer problems MEGATHREAD

Ive just been given a tumble dryer but I need to get a new hose for it,does anyone know where I can find one in or near S8 please,thanks

What make is it.

You will need The Make. The Model and Serial Number. You can usually find these on a oblong thin steel label that as been riveted on.

Sometimes underneath or close to the door.

When you have got these go on BAY and you should pick the hose up fairly cheap.

Don't pack too many clothes at once in when you have it running and ALWAYS make sure the air vents are clear of fibre dust that comes off whilst drying the clothes.

This also enables the next load to dry quicker saving you electricity.

What model dryer? Is it just a standard white plastic flexible hose? Does it have any special type of connector on it? I've got an old Zanussi one lying around in the garage..........

Its a White Knight,I think the hoses are a universal size i.e 4inches diameter but I need a long one to reach out of the window to vent.If I don't manage to get one tomorrow could I take you up on your offer please :)

Its a White Knight,I think the hoses are a universal size i.e 4inches diameter but I need a long one to reach out of the window to vent.If I don't manage to get one tomorrow could I take you up on your offer please :)

Yes, but it might need a bit of a clean to get any fluff out!

Hi HThorpe,

Has your dryer got any of the old hose left on it? If so go to B&Q and look in their air vent & extractor fan section cause you can buy a 2 metre extension hose that with a bit of effort will fix onto the end of the existing dryer hose. We bought one to extend our dryer hose and it works just fine.

Hope this helps.

Archived