Do You Know any of my family in Sheffield

ROCKY_58

Around the late 70's, my dad used to run the New Inn 211 Carbrook Street, Attercliffe. Does anyone remember Kenneth Horace Rock he passed away 1982, he was married to Gene and had to girls Mandy and Sharon. The smallest information would be a great help. I was born in greenhill, sheffield.

I know i have 2 aunties and 2 uncles, not sure if they would be alive now though.

Hope somebody out there has some info for me.

thanks sandra rock

• 11 months later...

Hi rocky 58. I remember my friends and I tried our hand at forming a band and often practised there in the early 70s. Iam not very good with names but I remember quite well that the Shellfish salesmen who worked the sheffield pubs (Kershaws) had refrigerators in the back room down stairs. Maybe one of those oldboys could help.

good luck. David.

Found a few bits out for you.

Horace J Rock and Nelly Renwick married early in 1920.

Their first child Margaret M Rock was born in the later that year, they then went on to have;

Kenneth H Rock 1922

Derrick J Rock 1926

Violet A Rock 1930

Raymond Rock 1933

Margaret Rock married Harry Barker in 1941 so is likley to be a Barker if still alive and Violet A Rock married Eric Clayton in 1952.

Raymond married a lady by the name of Patricia Adkins and I believe that they are still on the electoral role in Sheffield but 192 has just kicked me off for using up all the free time they will allow.

Derrick married a lady by the sir name of Stones.

Hope any or some of this helps or someone on the forum may recognise one of the names etc..

• 1 year later...

This may be a little late, however I am the son of the guy you are looking for. Raymond rock is my dad, Horace was my grandad and Your dad was my uncle Ken. If you are still wanting to contact the family, you can email me at rayrock50@hotmail.com. Most of the children of Horace, have now passed away, my father being the only one left. However I know all the descendants.

Archived