Beer prices at Lescar

olilew

The wife and I walked down to Broomhill to the Fox and Duck and had a pint and a half of Moonshine, £3.30, which I thought was about the going rate. We then decided to walk down to Eccy road and called in the Lescar first. Same round, pint and a half of moonshine, how much in the Lescar? £4.20! How can this be? It was probably delivered by the same van on the same day as the Fox and Ducks. It's not as if it's a "flair" pub, it's a back street local. The furnishings were not great and the gents were disgusting! Don't know what the ladies were like 'cos my wife wouldn't go after I told her what the gents were like. Even round the corner in the Porter Brook, which is a much more high profile pub, was about 80p cheaper for real ale. I'm sorry but £2.80 a pint in a run down back street local is just stupid and we will certainly never go in there again! Rant over.

• 4 years later...
I was in the fox and duck last xmas eve, the larger was awfull we all gave it back to the barman. it was the same in every pub we went in up broomhall.

Think i might try walkley this year.

I don't like larger either, I much prefer lager.

Good job the fox and duck is in Broomhill then ;)

The wife and I walked down to Broomhill to the Fox and Duck and had a pint and a half of Moonshine, £3.30, which I thought was about the going rate. We then decided to walk down to Eccy road and called in the Lescar first. Same round, pint and a half of moonshine, how much in the Lescar? £4.20! How can this be? It was probably delivered by the same van on the same day as the Fox and Ducks. It's not as if it's a "flair" pub, it's a back street local. The furnishings were not great and the gents were disgusting! Don't know what the ladies were like 'cos my wife wouldn't go after I told her what the gents were like. Even round the corner in the Porter Brook, which is a much more high profile pub, was about 80p cheaper for real ale. I'm sorry but £2.80 a pint in a run down back street local is just stupid and we will certainly never go in there again! Rant over.

I agree.

I don't normally get hung up on the price of beer but have noticed the diffrences in price recently is getting ridiculous.

You can go in some pubs and pay £2 or less for a pint then you go in another similar pub and pay well over £3 for the same drink!

You just feel like they are taking the michael.

The lescar is well overated imo the porter cottage is a much nicer pub but thats not cheap either!

The York feels more like a pub/restaurant than a proper pub. The Fox and Duck is awful as is the Broomhill Tav. Shame really because, with La Vaca, Lokanta and El Toro the area has some good places to eat out, just nowhere decent for a pre meal pint. As for complaining about the prices in The Lescar, its head and shoulders above any pub in Broomhill and well worth the extra pennys per pint in my opinion

Archived