Nostradamus - seer of things or overblown story teller?

Tony

Seems to me, Summer, that you are not supposed to believe in something others do not want to believe in or you will get slated for it. Just because certain members in this thread are quick to insult and deride you for your beliefs does not make you wrong, or any less of a person for having those beliefs. The problem is that these people have something missing from their lives - and they do not know it is missing until they need it - which is usually too late.

Believe what you want to believe, and ignore the critics who have no real idea about anything. These are the people who gather in crowds to throw stones at the unknown because it scares them. Be satisfied that there are those around who do not mind that your beliefs are different to theirs, and leave the muck slingers to sling their muck at their own shadows because there is nothing else to present them with a target.

Dragon

Seems to me, Summer, that you are not supposed to believe in something others do not want to believe in or you will get slated for it. Just because certain members in this thread are quick to insult and deride you for your beliefs does not make you wrong, or any less of a person for having those beliefs. The problem is that these people have something missing from their lives - and they do not know it is missing until they need it - which is usually too late.

Believe what you want to believe, and ignore the critics who have no real idea about anything. These are the people who gather in crowds to throw stones at the unknown because it scares them. Be satisfied that there are those around who do not mind that your beliefs are different to theirs, and leave the muck slingers to sling their muck at their own shadows because there is nothing else to present them with a target.

Dragon

++-

Yes Haysi and Plek are two that come to mind.

The Randi challenge is open to anyone providing that they fulfil some straight forward criteria. That nobody has proven anything in a couple of decades speaks volumes to me.

All they have to do is to predict some future event, clearly and unequivocally, then await its happening.

I don't see what the problem is because that is what fortune tellers / clairvoyants say that they do every day of the week. Why does it become different when somebody is actually checking up on them? There can only be two conclusions in my book;

1. They can't do it, and are deluded.

2. They can't do it and they are frauds.

Have you actually seen that challenge? I think even God herself would have a hard time fitting all the criteria and proving anything at all to suit all conditions.

Acts of faith do not work with laboratory conditions. You show faith all the time without admitting to the fact - or perhaps you do not see the similarities between faith and indoctrination. You are told something IS as a child and so you believe it; and you are told something IS NOT as a child so you do not believe when you are told differently.

But each to their own eh? Free country and all that malarky.

Dragon

Here are my predictions for Tuesday 9/9/08.

Water signs: You will be intuitive and wonderful all day

Fire signs: You will be creative and wonderful all day

Earth signs: You will be practical and wonderful all day

Air signs: You will be philosophical and wonderful all day

Sceptic signs: It's another day, make the best of it

Singles: You might meet someone

Couples: You could put a bit more effort in

Destiny says you might want to ring my premium rate phone number

mystic maggi

Care to explain what these signs are then maggi?

Couples cound put a bit more effort into what?

And not all clairvoyants or psychics use premium rate phone lines. Some do not even charge. They get nothing out of it other than the knowledge that they may have done some good somewhere - even when their psychic revelations are completely wrong.

Dragon

An accurate 'reading' would (at the very least) have told her that her son was going to hospital.

summer1955 I know that you firmly believe in what you do but you seem to be making the situation fit the reading.

you are probably right there, but for it to say that it was her son that was going to the hospital i probably would have had to do her sons chart which i didnt and i have stated that i am not a professional and that i dont know how to do a lot of things in astrology.the fact was that i said that she would be going to hospital for some reason in a certain month and she did

i do not betray my own ignorance with every post i have said i believe because of things i have seen in my own chart that are true and with others that i have done and their feed back to me as i have been correct and state that is why i believe and that is what i have stated every time.

so you have had a 5 min skim though a book about the art of astrology that as made you believe thats its rubbish. i have read many books on the subject and its what i like to read.

i answered to plaintalker when she said horoscopes in the paper are rubbish or whatever she said and i came back with a horoscope done on the time you were born ect was better and did mean something and its what i believe

i dont need to prove it to you as its what i believe that matters to me, i am not going to force it on you, i dont force it on my lads who are all grown up and i dont bother with their chart, if they asked me i would.

the randi thing, the only explanation that i can think of that they do not challenge him is he will win because astrologers have admited they cannot predict death.

You are perfectly entitled to believe what you wish, summer, as is everyone.

I pointed out the absurdity and impossibility of the newspaper horoscopes "fitting" 1 /13 of the population,

Not everyone knows the time of their birth, in fact it's only twins-and-more who have the time of birth recorded on their birth certificates.

No, it isn't. That could be sheer coincidence, or any number of other causes. It does not prove that there is any rational basis to astrology.

why dont you open your eyes to what you read. i have said i do not know how many times which you seem to not want to read or have this thing in your head to have a go at me whatever is that which i am going to write in big letters as you seem to have difficulty in being able to see what i have written [sorry to everyone for shouting]

WHAT I HAVE READ IN MY CHART AND WHAT I HAVE TOLD OTHER PEOPLE WHEN I HAVE DONE THEIR CHART AND THEY HAVE TOLD ME AS BEEN RIGHT AND THAT I AM GOOD, IS WHAT MAKES ME BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY FOR THAT REASON AND WHY I TAKE SOME NOT ALL NOTICE OF IT.

NOT THAT IT IS PROOF THAT ASTROLOGY IS THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF LIFE ECT.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ WHAT I HAVE SAID.

Wrong. She did not have to go; she wasn't the one being treated.

no she did not have to go to hospital she wasnt being treated but we are going on what i saw in her chart that she would be going to hospital and she did, was proof that i was right not that astrology was right, that i was right. do you understand now.

You are perfectly entitled to believe what you wish, summer, as is everyone.

I pointed out the absurdity and impossibility of the newspaper horoscopes "fitting" 1 /13 of the population,

Not everyone knows the time of their birth, in fact it's only twins-and-more who have the time of birth recorded on their birth certificates.

yes you are right there pt not everyone knows there time of birth and most people do not take notice of the exact time their children are born and only know a rough guess and its not put on birth certificate as i know of and i didnt know they put twins time of birth on birth cirtificates.

i came back to what you put on about newpapers because i was hoping to get some remarks like from heyesey and tony. i dont write on threads very often and i have enjoyed it. i hope you are not feeling to blame for ignited this between heyesey ,tony and i, if you do i appoligise to you pt as you are one of the people that i like on here.

Archived