Have a look at these photos of sheffield

bsarider

Hi there Roy I'm interested in anything related to 84 Langsetts Road thanks.Would a house be turned into butchers or have been demolished then built?

I know the 1861 census has the Crooke family living there then.The then child Thomas Leslie Crooke was only 1 month old.Shane

Hi there Roy I'm interested in anything related to 84 Langsetts Road thanks.Would a house be turned into butchers or have been demolished then built?

I know the 1861 census has the Crooke family living there then.The then child Thomas Leslie Crooke was only 1 month old.Shane

They were always shops there

My most recent directory 1972 shows a shop at 84, pos always been a shop could the Crooke family have rented rooms. in 1861 when newly built.

If googlemaps is correct in its location, then this:

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/picturesheffield.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.refno=s17580

shows 84 as being a dental surgery (when the picture was taken) which shows some promise

The building in the foreground, on the corner of Ash Street is still a dental surgery (Thompson and Thomas) No. 76 Langsett Road, this would put No. 84 where the second shop awning is in the photo. Across the road from No. 84 (before the petrol station) was a methodist church on the corner of Primrose Hill.

Archived