Dim sum on sunday, reccomendations please?

phudy

Can anyone recommend where to get dim sum on a sunday afternoon? Several years ago we went to a place just off the moor, but a lot of the moor seems to have been demolished so I don't know if it is still there. We are hoping to meet some friends there who also have 2 children so it will need to be family friendly.

Thanks,

The answer is in the question. Dim Sum on London Rd has to be one of the top 5 Chinese in Sheffield.

You should ask them about stuff not on the main menu.

Most chinese are big on family anyway, as long as you don't expect a charlie chalks.

Yeah, I was a big fan of Dim Sum until I had the audacity to wonder where my beer was that I'd ordered ten mins ago. The waitress shouted "ITTSSS COOOMMMINNNG" halfway across the restaurant. We used to take our kids there, and the food is great, but the manager does look like she has some of those chicken feet stuck up her a**e. Not tried Wong Tings for Dim Sum (been in the evening), though heard it's nice, but on the whole if you have kids I'd plump for this.

Tooeg - always wondered if the Chinese customers have a seperate menu to the English. I know they do in Wong Tings and when I order from that menu the food always seems a little nicer and a bit more adventurous (duck tongues anyone?). Is this standard in Chinese places? Only asking as when I visit the Chinese supermarket they always have a huge range of offal and so on, but you never see it on the standard Chinese menu. (Sorry to go off topic)

When I went to Dim Sum on London Road, they actually told us they have a different menu for the Chinese customers, containing more adventurous dishes and more offal.

And we thought our "manifold" (part of a cow's gut) was daring!

Did you went to Zing Vaa, which located on the basement, right? If that's the one you went. Don't worry, It still there. Compare Dim Sum between Zing Vaa & Wong Tings, I like Wong Tings more the Zing Vaa, however, Zing Vaa is cheaper. I am a Taiwanese, so actually I never order Dim Sum by English menus. Anyway...Hope that's helps!!

My wife is from HK, the home of Dim Sum, so she has pretty high standards. She thinks Zing Vaa is the best for Dim Sum and I think I'm inclinde to agree.

Having Dim Sum'ed in HK many times it's pretty authentic at ZV plus there's always a large number of ex-pat Chinese families in on Sunday afternoon too.

Zing vaa is fine but a little limited.

Dim sun on London road isn't what it was.

Wong ting is by far the best.

If you know someone chinese go with them and if not ask for the chinese menu and a little help in working it out.

Last of all - try the odd stuff. You will get a few nice supprises. :)

Archived