Calling all Wilkinson's

5hep

Im tracing my family tree on my mothers side and have come across a couple who lived in Attercliffe - at 125,Ripon St in the 1920's / 30's.

Their names are Walter and Elizabeth Wilkinson. I know they got married in 1903 - her maiden name was Smith (specifically Lizzie Ann Smith). If any Wilkinsons out there have traced Walter back on their family tree and have any more information or photos of either Walter or Elizabeth that would be fantastic! :hihi: Many thanks.

Hi Shep:

I don't have your Walter or Elizabeth in my tree as yet but do have a Sara Jane WILKINSON married to my George Ebenezer KNIGHT in 1894 Parish Church Bilston. Sara was shown age 25 living Church St. and her father is Benjamin WILKINSON occupation Publican.

You might keep the above info just in case it comes in handy one day.

Trish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Mary

Did Shepherd Marriott own a fishing tackle shop for a while in Upperthorpe,

if so he was my uncle.

His dad was called Frank and he had brothers called Lawrence and Allen and a sister called Betty.

Just realised from the date that Frank was my grandad and he must have had a brother called Shepherd and named his son the same.

Im tracing my family tree on my mothers side and have come across a couple who lived in Attercliffe - at 125,Ripon St in the 1920's / 30's.

Their names are Walter and Elizabeth Wilkinson. I know they got married in 1903 - her maiden name was Smith (specifically Lizzie Ann Smith). If any Wilkinsons out there have traced Walter back on their family tree and have any more information or photos of either Walter or Elizabeth that would be fantastic! :hihi: Many thanks.

i know a len wilkinson his he any relative of yours he came from that area

• 2 weeks later...

Message for "phawley"

sorry for delay in replying, I have been away from home. This sounds promising - so was you gt. grandfather also Frank Marriott and married to Mary Ann Cahill - died 1950.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have at last found who I'm looking for.

Can't wait for your reply

Hello Mary

Sorry I can't help you out on my gt grandfather as I was only born in 1950 myself and never heard anything about him as far as I know.

Unfortunately I wouldn't raise your hopes too much as to any information that I can give as I lost touch with my parents a good few years ago, however I will try to answer any questions that I can.

By the way, as you mentioned on another thread my grandparents (Marriotts) did live on Burgoyne road I think it was number 19

Ive just realised that we are hijacking someone elses thread so you are quite welcome to pm me.

Nice to speak to you

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

please get in contact ....

lived on Princes Street ... my dad's mom was Beatice with 6 sisters and 1 brother my dad remembers these names .... possibly my dad's grandma called Annie married to Henry .... xxxx

Archived