Calling all Wilkinson's

5hep

Hi suz, sorry for the late reply been a hectic few months...

This sounds intruiging if you dad remembers these 2 names specifically.

feel free to PM me or get in touch via my email with more details....

Also do you mean princess street? If so - this is in the right vicinity..

• 1 month later...

Hi Suz, my connection to the Wilkinsons is down the Smiths side, but I was hoping to find a wilkinson who had more information or even photos about Elizabeth and Walter.

Lizzie Ann Smith is my great great grandmother.

She gave birth to a boy in 1897 and called him Fred - Fred Smith.

The name of the father isnt mentioned so I m stuck there, but she gave birth at 12, Fleet Street attercliffe, her occupation was a Domestic Servant, she was 18 when she gave birth to him.

She later Married a Walter Wilkinson in October 1903, and from then on was known as Elizabeth Wilkinson. Walter brought Fred up as his own.

Fred married Laura Brightmore and had two children, Fred and Harold Smith.

Fred snr died in Jan 1943, My grandad - Harold - sadly passed away in 2007 aged 82 but my great uncle Fred Smith, 86 is still alive and well and would love to find out a bit more.

They have always thought Fred snr was adopted but since starting the family tree work I have proven that his real mother did raise him.

Any information or photos if possible on Walter and Elizabeth would be fantastic.

My email is shepherd.simon@gmail.com

Thanks

simon

Archived