Does anyone remember Bramall Lane Social Club in the 70s

iano

Does anyone remember going to the Lane Social Club at Bramall Lane in the old cricket pavilion. I must have been going around ‘73-’74. I seem to remember that there was at least 3 different floors/bars maybe 4. The basement was a disco, then there was a social club, where they played bingo etc, a lounge bar and I seem to remember another room, where you could get food like chicken in a basket etc. But we mainly went in the basement disco. Memory is a bit vague about it now, probably due to all the Skol lager that I used to drink there.

The disco was called The Bier Keller then ther was the Lounge and at the top was theTudor Room my husband and I met there we spent a lot of time there in our youth.

Fancy remembering the top bar was called the Tudor Room, I remember now, this is where you could get your chicken in a basket I think. Yes I used to go there a lot, along with the Nether Edge Hall on Tuesdays/Thursdays and the Top Rank on Saturdays then the Crazy Daisy took over and that is where I met my wife

i went to a 21st there,in the tudor room,like a big banquet hall it was.me being a blade,it was a magical place,however,the biggest part of the girls family were all wednesdayites,so ,invariably,it kicked off at the end of the night. just before it got demolished,we went for a look round it,much to our surprise,it was still being used,we had walked in on a shareholders meeting,reg brearley invited us in,then told us to get what we wanted from the bar,needless to say,we stayed till the end,leaving somewhat "happier",our bellys full of skol.

• 4 weeks later...
yeah i remember lane social and the top rank , and then we too started going to crazy daisies , and the shades .

Would that be shades on eccy road, which is now Napoleons, it was owned by Max

• 1 month later...
Does anyone remember going to the Lane Social Club at Bramall Lane in the old cricket pavilion. I must have been going around ‘73-’74. I seem to remember that there was at least 3 different floors/bars maybe 4. The basement was a disco, then there was a social club, where they played bingo etc, a lounge bar and I seem to remember another room, where you could get food like chicken in a basket etc. But we mainly went in the basement disco. Memory is a bit vague about it now, probably due to all the Skol lager that I used to drink there.

I remember it well! Me and two of my mates worked for the building contractor who got the job of gutting the old Pavillion to create the new Social Club. The three of us were the first in to start the conversion. I remember the first day in the basement, thick with dust and a few bare bulbs to give us light. We were hoping to find a few treasures, but not a hope, someone had got there first! We dodged in and out of the job during it's progress, then spent many a happy hour, mainly on Fridays drinking in the Bier Keller and the main bar. It seemed very plush at the time!

Archived