Today we find God in a pipe in Geneva

Tony

Today we find God in a pipe in Geneva, maybe. We all know that the CERN LHC Large Hadron Collider is being turned on, but what of the outcome?

What happens if some of our greatest minds find science and God in equal measure? Where do we go from there?

Er, Tony... Are you alright? You did a VERY similar thread LAST WEEK! :lol:

What level of evidence might people want to accept the existence of God?

If CERN publicly stated that there could be no other explanation would we accept it?

If the scientists at CERN stated that they had proved the existence of god, then that proof would be scientific. That would mean it was testable by experiment and irrefutable.

Or am I being naive about science?

If the scientists at CERN stated that they had proved the existence of god, then that proof would be scientific. That would mean it was testable by experiment and irrefutable.

Or am I being naive about science?

I have accepted the word of science that climate change is a real threat, many people refuse to accept it saying the theories/evidence doesn't match up.

If people don't want to believe results find God, they will reject it similarly.

What level of evidence might people want to accept the existence of God?

If CERN publicly stated that there could be no other explanation would we accept it?

But what sort of evidence for the existence of God could they possibly find? They look at a collision image to see the paths of the particles spell out "God woz 'ere"?

If they could prove beyond doubt that God exists the world would, effectively, end.

They're only switching it on today, it'll be 6 weeks or so til they collide any hadrons of the large variety.

hope they paid the leccy bill or it might be a very quiet bang, some woman at work said itll be 4 years or someat before we get eaten up by a black hole

errrrrrrrrrrm

A lot of money spent and the out come will:

Cure Cancer

Provide World Peace

End poverty

Repair the Ozone Layer

Provide a new renewable energy

er... no

at best they will find out that highly charged particles when crashed together make pretty lights.

[/Quote]

...sure

at worsed they will find out that highly charged particles when crashed together create a big bang and bye bye existance.[/Quote]

Can I ask how you know this/

Shouldn't they focus on the little things above and when they are sorted and everyones happy then they can destroy the earth.[/Quote]

Why do you think it's going to destroy the earth.[/Quote]

But what sort of evidence for the existence of God could they possibly find? They look at a collision image to see the paths of the particles spell out "God woz 'ere"?

Brilliant!

If I was God I'd do that :hihi:

If they could prove beyond doubt that God exists the world would, effectively, end.

How come?

How come?

Well, end as we know it. Maybe not end... although if God decided to reveal itself, then why not also 'STOP' the world and let us all party it up for the rest of eternity?...... Oh please, oh please....

Archived