St Patrick's Day 2005

BraveDave

Are You Going Out To Celebrate St Patrick's Day?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Going Out To Celebrate St Patrick's Day?

• Yes - Roll On The Booze
    • No - Don't Celebrate It
    • Couldn't Care Either Way

Theres guinness give aways and live music at the bulls head hotel in ranmoor just up from broomhill on the 60 bus route. if you dont like guinness there are lots of new wines and the always changing guest beers. come in have fun and all at a low low price.

Originally posted by kirky

and just incase anyone is interested we made the sheffield star,took 3 grand on the day and the coppers visited us 3 times and couldn't do **** all as everyone was behaving

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I hope it was declared to the taxman ;) and are you or are you not doing it again this year:confused:

It's nealry that time of year when the whole world goes Irish, so to speak. Guinness, Murphy's and Caffreys are all drunk, with a sea of green flowing the streets (and I don't mean the vomit).

Everyone gets their Guinness hat or violin, start to sing Danny boy and Whisky in the Jar and tell Frank Carson jokes. So anybody else joining in with this? Do you see it as a fun night out or do you not bother because you have no Irish heritage or links whatso ever?

I'm in Liverpool seeing a friend, I have no idea what to expect there so should be fun hopefully. I have no Irish connections whatsoever but I enjoy going out downing all those Guinness:clap:

Can't understand why all these English people celebrate St Patrick's day with such enthusiasm, yet on St George's day there is little or no interest whatsoever. Seems to me to be a big marketing operation by Guiness.

Maybe I'm just cynical ;)

Originally posted by Meaks

Can't understand why all these English people celebrate St Patrick's day with such enthusiasm, yet on St George's day there is little or no interest whatsoever. Seems to me to be a big marketing operation by Guiness.

Maybe I'm just cynical ;)

St georges day everyone sits in the pub playing dominoes, with a packet of pork scratchings and an ale. Not many English songs played on the lute you can drink to, unlike most of the Irish songs.

Archived