St Patrick's Day 2005

BraveDave

Are You Going Out To Celebrate St Patrick's Day?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Going Out To Celebrate St Patrick's Day?

• Yes - Roll On The Booze
    • No - Don't Celebrate It
    • Couldn't Care Either Way

I think I was down there last year, in the daytime and it was packed. Nice Guinness and good folksy music - I only wish I could have stayed longer!

I've had draught Waaaarrrdds in pubs and whilst it is a decent drink, it doesn't hold a candle to its former self. (Having said that, the by-product isn't as strong, either!)

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Well St. George is rubbish, he never even came to England.

He's the patron of Russia too, they deserve him more.

St patrick didn't even originate from Ireland ( sorry to dissapoint all you guiness fans...me included!) apparently he originated in either Scotland or Roman Britain, and only went to Ireland when he was about 60. So there you are...everyones got an excuse to celebrate!

Bring on the Guiness!!!!

Well i'm seriously let down as my friend in Liverpool is not available to go see so i'm all stuck at home now :( Looks like a 12 pack of Guinness, the best of the Pogues and Dubliners cd and my Guinness hat from last year.

N'mind Duffman - go out for a wander and take us some more good photos on this lovely sunny day! Maybe some over the valley towards Malin Bridge/Loxley please. :D

Would advise against wearing the hat though... Maybe an arran cardi like Val Doonican used to wear.

Archived