St Patrick's Day 2005

BraveDave

Are You Going Out To Celebrate St Patrick's Day?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Going Out To Celebrate St Patrick's Day?

• Yes - Roll On The Booze
    • No - Don't Celebrate It
    • Couldn't Care Either Way

Originally posted by sparklesista

Awww, sorry to hear you can't make it :(

I'm not going to be able to celebrate tonight after all because I'm working at Takapuna tonight.

I guess I'll just have to make up for it at the weekend ;)

Cheers chuck ;)

your friend wont know what hit them then when you make up for it :hihi::help:

I dont agree with all this 'i'm english so couldnt care less' ignorance that i've read on Sheffield Forum a bit..

I mean if you dont agree with the commercial side, fine, but thats no excuse for dismissing others' traditions and celebrations!

Shame I'm not a Guiness drinker.. I'm waiting for a German Lager Festival bandwagon to jump on!

Originally posted by iffypop

I dont agree with all this 'i'm english so couldnt care less' ignorance that i've read on Sheffield Forum a bit..

I mean if you dont agree with the commercial side, fine, but thats no excuse for dismissing others' traditions and celebrations!

Shame I'm not a Guiness drinker.. I'm waiting for a German Lager Festival bandwagon to jump on!

A whiskey one would be class!

I love St Patrick's day, all these first time Guinness drinkers. Buy a pint to celebrate, have one sip. Don't like it. Put it down for me to poach when they go on to something easier on the palette.

But after getting into Black Mass I've found Guinness no longer has the same appeal.

Originally posted by Disco_Cat

But after getting into Black Mass I've found Guinness no longer has the same appeal.

Now that is one nice pint. I bought it in the Dev cat because it was called black mass and sounded cool. It was a pure bonus that it happened to be really tasty too.

Originally posted by underground1

Why do people celebrate st patriks day....wen hardely anyone celebrates st georges day?

As has been discussed many times:

Guinness are really good at marketing. Simple as that. St Patrick doesn't really come into it. England doesn't have a quality brewery, with the clout to champion St George's day. I mean what's the biggest company that we have. Can you imagine carling sponsoring it? That would just be rubbish. We'd all end up drinking crap beer, burping loads and never getting drunk! It would be a farce!

Archived