Who did you see on the theatre stage ?

GLOS

I was told many years ago that they lived on Nottingham Street, Pitsmoor. But am unsure if this is so.

jimmy Jewel was certainly from Pitsmoor but thought he was from the Fowler Street area, not sure though.

Some great names on this thread all long gone now.

I saw the Temperance Seven at the City Hall in 1961. There were eight of them, naturally....:P

---------- Post added 13-10-2013 at 16:29 ----------

jimmy Jewel was certainly from Pitsmoor but thought he was from the Fowler Street area, not sure though....
According to the Wikipedia article on Ben Warriss, he and Jimmy Jewel spent their childhood at 52 Andover street.

• 2 weeks later...

Old mother Riley and his wife used to stay at the house next to ours on Priory Terrace, Nether Edge and they would sit in the front garden arguing the toss all the time. It was quite normal it seems for comedians in particular to be unhappy. Quite a few well known artists stayed there but my memory has gone, I remember a bloke who played Buttons in a pantomime, who gave me a bar of chocolate.

iwent to see arthur haynes at the lyceum went to stage door after the show and got his autograph he put my name on one side of the page and to my sister in law on the other side of the page .won a competition with the the star and met bert weedon ,the mudlarks at the victoria hotel

My first trip to the ballet was Sleeping Beauty at the Lyceum in 1961. So have numerous autographs from the Royal Ballet and Ballet Rambert in that era. I had an autograph book with Jimmy Clitheroe (I was horrified at the lines on his face through the thick make up -must have been around 1964). Also Russ Conway. My Dad was in the Sheffield Amateur Operatic Society and I spent a few birthdays back stage during their performances (if anyone has recollections and or connections to them please PM me). Also did the pantomimes every Christmas.

The Beatles, Gaumont 1963.....Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

No doubt you saw them but I'll bet you didn't hear very much for all the screaming!! An old girlfriend of mine was at the same show and she provided a first hand account. Incidentally, I'm a little bit envious because I missed them later at the Azena and never did see them live in concert.

echo.

Archived