Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

I would just like to give a thought to all who were murdered on this day .

also a thought of how evil man can be to each other .

how did those men sit in the departure lounge with the men women and children who they were going to murder and think they were doing something for the right reasons ?.

RIP all the 9/11 victms .

I would just like to give a thought to all who were murdered on this day .

also a thought of how evil man can be to each other .

how did those men sit in the departure lounge with the men women and children who they were going to murder and think they were doing something for the right reasons ?.

RIP all the 9/11 victms .

Is this rhetorical or are you wanting opinions to your question?

An ex-neighbour and friend of the family had two sons who worked in the WTC. He lost one of them, Nigel. He had called his brother who was in the other tower to say that the building had been hit and was on fire.

That was the last conversation between the brothers as Nigel never got out. There's a plaque on a bench overlooking Rivelin Reservoirs off Lodge Lane.

RIP indeed.

just thoughts of the day for me , I will never forget it and can remember calling my dad to tell him to put the tv on .A terrible day in history .

I agree it was quite shocking at the time, but in hindsight, not surprising. America has had it coming for a long time. I'm not in anyway saying that those people in the towers deserved to die, but it's understandable that something like that happened.

Also, on your point about how the "terrorists" could sit with the victims in the departure lounge, knowing what they were about to do, it's called brainwashing.

I don't blame those that carried it out. They were following orders that had been fed to them by others in power. These people will have been brainwashed from a very young in to believing that these actions are the word of "God" and that, by carrying them out, they are honourable and will receive riches in the afterlife.

I feel as sorry for these people as I do for those on the planes and in the towers.

I agree it was quite shocking at the time, but in hindsight, not surprising. America has had it coming for a long time. I'm not in anyway saying that those people in the towers deserved to die, but it's understandable that something like that happened.

American policies in the middle east may have been the reason but NEVER a justification of slaughter of thousands of innocents.

The frustration of the Muslim Arabs in seeing their leaders prostrating and kneeling to the USA, and the hundreds of Saudi princes living the high life in the west whilst denying their own people basic freedoms has resulted in a certain mistrust and hate of America. We can't understand the terrorist mindset here but those people affected by their governments doing Americas bidding against their own people show more understanding of the reason of the attacks. Sadly the rhetoric of the then New Labour to tackle the causes of terrorism were forgotten in favour of blame the Muslims and not even bothering to look at solutions but instead revenge, thereby killing up to a million more innocent people. The tragedy is that no services of remeberence will ever br called for those victims of American terrorism. Innocent deaths caused by greedy politics, ALL of them. Nine-Elleven goes on claiming victims daily, and maybe we can remember when it stops.

Also, on your point about how the "terrorists" could sit with the victims in the departure lounge, knowing what they were about to do, it's called brainwashing.

I do agree with the poInt of brainwashing, but would add that it is the same when anybody does something in the belief they are doing something selfless for a bigger cause than themselves, not unlike a soldier risking life for his country. As for the blame, of course we should blame them for what they did, but it's when people on here blame all muslims that I consider offensive and ill informed.

American policies in the middle east may have been the reason but NEVER a justification of slaughter of thousands of innocents.

The frustration of the Muslim Arabs in seeing their leaders prostrating and kneeling to the USA, and the hundreds of Saudi princes living the high life in the west whilst denying their own people basic freedoms has resulted in a certain mistrust and hate of America. We can't understand the terrorist mindset here but those people affected by their governments doing Americas bidding against their own people show more understanding of the reason of the attacks. Sadly the rhetoric of the then New Labour to tackle the causes of terrorism were forgotten in favour of blame the Muslims and not even bothering to look at solutions but instead revenge, thereby killing up to a million more innocent people. The tragedy is that no services of remeberence will ever br called for those victims of American terrorism. Innocent deaths caused by greedy politics, ALL of them. Nine-Elleven goes on claiming victims daily, and maybe we can remember when it stops.

I do agree with the poInt of brainwashing, but would add that it is the same when anybody does something in the belief they are doing something selfless for a bigger cause than themselves, not unlike a soldier risking life for his country. As for the blame, of course we should blame them for what they did, but it's when people on here blame all muslims that I consider offensive and ill informed.

:thumbsup:

We're in agreement for once Tab!

I don't think Leviathan, by any stretch, would think that it was justified. By "America had it coming" he surely doesn't mean they deserved it; only that it was to some degree predictable, given the amount of hatred their foreign policy have (rightly or wrongly) stirred up in some quarters over the years.

RIP to all the victims, and goodwill to all survivors.

Although to be brutally honest I still reckon 9/11 wouldn't have happened if the likes of America didn't keep antagonising the sensitive Middle Eastern Countries.

Archived