Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

My granddaughter Megan was born just three days before 9/11. I can remember the joy of her coming, then the grief and horror on the 11th.I wondered then what kind of a world is she inheriting. I hear much on this forum about our government and what we deserved, but these were normal people just like you going about their business. Do you think if something as big as this had happened in London we would have been saying you deserve it. If so you don't know us very well.

Do you think if something as big as this had happened in London we would have been saying you deserve it. If so you don't know us very well.

I would have expected you not to go along with attacking a country unrelated to the attrocity in name of revenge though:huh:......We did.:suspect:

I agree it was quite shocking at the time, but in hindsight, not surprising. America has had it coming for a long time. I'm not in anyway saying that those people in the towers deserved to die, but it's understandable that something like that happened.

Also, on your point about how the "terrorists" could sit with the victims in the departure lounge, knowing what they were about to do, it's called brainwashing.

I don't blame those that carried it out. They were following orders that had been fed to them by others in power. These people will have been brainwashed from a very young in to believing that these actions are the word of "God" and that, by carrying them out, they are honourable and will receive riches in the afterlife.

I feel as sorry for these people as I do for those on the planes and in the towers.

Too bad all the people who lost loved ones that day cannot read this post of yours.

"Dont blame those that carried it out. Following orders that had been fed tio them by others in power"

So by that logic the guards at Auschwitz were just following orders also were they and you're shedding great big crododile tears of sorrow for them too.

I hope that you will be as cold hearted in your logic if the day comes when one of yours will be the victim of terrorism.

Sicko

Too bad all the people who lost loved ones that day cannot read this post of yours.

"Dont blame those that carried it out. Following orders that had been fed tio them by others in power"

So by that logic the guards at Auschwitz were just following orders also were they and you're shedding great big crododile tears of sorrow for them too.

I hope that you will be as cold hearted in your logic if the day comes when one of yours will be the victim of terrorism.

Sicko

Many Nazi generals and soldiers didn't like what Hitler was doing, but they had to do as they were told otherwise they'd have been murdered if they'd protested.

Have you never heard of Oskar Schindler? He was sympathetic to the Jewish cause, but he couldn't cause too much of a fuss or he'd have been dead too.

Obviously you haven't understood what I've said. I'm sorry if my words weren't clear enough for you to understand, but that's your problem not mine.

Sicko

You never gave a formal apology for this act of terrorism.

Flight 655, an Iran Air passenger aircraft similar to this Iran Air Airbus A300B2 was shot down by USS Vincennes, a US Navy cruiser, in July 3, 1988, killing all 290 passengers and crew from six nations including 66 children.

http://www.abdolian.com/thoughts/?p=2104

Many Nazi generals and soldiers didn't like what Hitler was doing, but they had to do as they were told otherwise they'd have been murdered if they'd protested.

Have you never heard of Oskar Schindler? He was sympathetic to the Jewish cause, but he couldn't cause too much of a fuss or he'd have been dead too.

Obviously you haven't understood what I've said. I'm sorry if my words weren't clear enough for you to understand, but that's your problem not mine.

You're obviously one of these people who feel they have to be an apologist for every scumbag who dedicated his useless existence to inflicting misery upon his fellow human beings. Tht's what I understand.

You would have made a good defence attorney at the Nuremburg trials

Have you seen what a bomb or an explosion does to the human body?

Have you ever lost someone yourself to an act of violence.

Hope that you will never see your wife or any member of your family taken out by rescue workers after an explosion missing an arm a leg or half their head gone just as happened duringg 9/11

But I suppose my words wont stop you sitting at your little keyboard typing out your claptrap

You're obviously one of these people who feel they have to be an apologist for every scumbag who dedicated his useless existence to inflicting misery upon his fellow human beings. Tht's what I understand.

You would have made a good defence attorney at the Nuremburg trials

Have you seen what a bomb or an explosion does to the human body?

Have you ever lost someone yourself to an act of violence.

Hope that you will never see your wife or any member of your family taken out by rescue workers after an explosion missing an arm a leg or half their head gone just as happened duringg 9/11

But I suppose my words wont stop you sitting at your little keyboard typing out your claptrap

I don't know why I'm trying to explain this to you, but I will try. Do you spare a thought for the people that America and "the west" has hurt over the years? All those still suffering napalm burns from Vietnam? All those Middle Eastern families who lost members by America carpet bombing cities in to submission when there were better ways to solve the problems?

I'm not apologising for anyone. I didn't even say those people in the towers deserved it, because they quite clearly didn't. What I am saying is, because of how America has treated those "lesser" countries, it was only a matter of time before something like that happened and, in hindsight, it wasn't surprising.

My point about the actual bombers was around them being brought up, from a very early age, to believe that what they were doing was right. That isn't their fault, it's the fault of the leaders. The ones who did the brainwashing!

Is that a clear enough explanation of my view? Or do you want me to try and explain it in a language you do understand?

I don't know why I'm trying to explain this to you, but I will try. Do you spare a thought for the people that America and "the west" has hurt over the years? All those still suffering napalm burns from Vietnam? All those Middle Eastern families who lost members by America carpet bombing cities in to submission when there were better ways to solve the problems?

I'm not apologising for anyone. I didn't even say those people in the towers deserved it, because they quite clearly didn't. What I am saying is, because of how America has treated those "lesser" countries, it was only a matter of time before something like that happened and, in hindsight, it wasn't surprising.

My point about the actual bombers was around them being brought up, from a very early age, to believe that what they were doing was right. That isn't their fault, it's the fault of the leaders. The ones who did the brainwashing!

Is that a clear enough explanation of my view? Or do you want me to try and explain it in a language you do understand?

So, for example, we should feel sorry for the pedophile that diddles little kids because he was sexually abused as a child, therefore, its not his fault? We should feel sympathy for the husband or wife beater because they were victims of violence as a child, so it's not their fault. You say "its the fault of the leaders." But they were raised that way as well, so then it's the leaders before them that are at fault, and so on and so on. Where do you draw the line to make someone responsible for their actions?

Archived