Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

How about the millions of people in Europe that owe their freedom from nazi and communist dictatorships and millions in Asia liberated from the Japanese due to the US. Why is it that people of your opinions always conveniently forget that part of history? I feel sorry for people who are so blinkered that they can only see what they want to see. I'd say you are brainwashed

If your mother ever gets beaten and robbed no doubt you'll feel a deep and abiding compassion for the thug who carried it out, specially if he pleads guilty in court and blames his criminal ways on being brought up in an underprivileged household and therefore it wasn't his fault.

You mean the part about America not giving a damn about us in Europe for most of WW2, until the Japanese started on them?

By your reckoning, we should hate the Irish for what the IRA did to us. Does that mean we'd be justified in going over there and bombing the hell out of them?

And your point about underprivileged households is complete rubbish. They have access to what the law is, IN THIS COUNTRY, with regards to illegal acts. If my mother is beaten, as she was by a group of chavs, then I have no sympathy for them. They knew what they were doing was wrong as they know the law of the land.

These "terrorists" on the other hand are told exactly how to think, how to act etc. and have no other influences to tell them otherwise. Even the media in those countries is censored and biased, so how can they know any different?

To me, you only LOOK at what's written, you don't READ it. To you, it's just words on a page and you don't look any deeper. It's the ones like you that scare me. You remind me of the type of people that were in the paper a while ago when they vandalised someone's house because they thought he was a paedophile, but was actually a paediatrician. You have the mob rules mentality.

All those Middle Eastern families who lost members by America carpet bombing cities

sorry to rain on your parade, or rather your total lack of knowledge as to what carpet bombing actually is, but the United States hasn't carpet bombed ANYWHERE since the Ho Chi Minh trail, and before that, not since WW2 - and certainly not anywhere in the Middle East, ever.

Oh, that makes it all better then. Ok, I'll use the term "strategic bombing" in future. Doesn't sound quite as harsh does it?

doesn't make it sound so harsh, does it?

more like it doesn't make it sound so innacurate and incorrect. Carpet bombing is a strategy that is basically only found in the Spanish Civil War and WW2 and was practised by nations other than the United States, too.

It's certainly never been used, by anybody, ever, in the Middle East. Even the 'war of the cities' in the 1980s Iran/Iraq war in which civilian areas were bombed by both sides, doesn't count as carpet bombing.

These "terrorists" on the other hand are told exactly how to think, how to act etc. and have no other influences to tell them otherwise. Even the media in those countries is censored and biased, so how can they know any different?

a lot of the the 9/11 terrorists had plenty of 'other' influences. Not a few of them, coming from the privileged backgrounds most Arab terrorists do compared to ordinary Arabs, were educated expensively abroard at foreign universities, where they were exposed to a host of influences Arabs from more humble backgrounds simply are not.

we have free will and that is the end of the matter. We are not robots and are responsible for own actions. Those criminals knew they were breaking the law, which is why they took measures to escape detection. To claim they are in some way not responsible for their crimes is ridiculous.

Those people spend most of the time blowing their own kind up ie Sunnis and Shiites. They are a bunch of uneducated, superstitious, backward wife beating idiots. Medieval minded people living in the 21st century.

I,n what way is America better, you kill and injure 90,000 a year

from gunfire alone.If you were losing that many in Iraq you would be out pronto.:confused:

The Middle East is usually thought to include 200 million Arabs plus the non Arab Turkey and Iran. Over 92 percent of the total population of the Mideast are Muslims. Over a quarter of work age Arabs are jobless and a far higher percentage cannot read or write. The gender gap in literacy between men and women can sometimes approach 40 percentage points. Every year millions of villagers migrate to the shanty towns, slums and even graveyards of Casablanca, Algiers, Cairo, Tehran and other sprawling urban conglomerations.

Tuberculosis, typhoid and dysentery are still common causes of adult deaths. The infant mortality rate is appalling. Violent bread riots have erupted in Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan and Iran – most were dispersed with live ammunition, killing thousands.

In Algeria, Muslim extremists were at one point murdering an average of a thousand people a week. Schools were bombed, villages napalmed and forests destroyed. Not surprisingly, millions have emigrated to Western Europe.

The ancient Mideast supplied much of the world's food. Today it has become a net food importer. In Algeria less than half of college graduates find work and when they do, it's usually with the government. One in four Iranians are illiterate and jobless. With an almost complete absence of social mobility, middle classes in the Middle East are so small that there is a huge gap between the thin upper crust of wealthy rulers and the vast impoverished masses under them.

Three major world religions trace their origins to the Middle East: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The emotional involvement of each of these three religions in the region has contributed to the instability of the Mideast. The 50 year confrontation between Israel and surrounding Arab nations has received most of the media coverage. However, it is the ongoing conflict between the two main branches of Islam, the Sunni and the Shi’a, which actually is the source of most of the conflicts.

The contest between these rival forms of Islam, each vying for power and predominance has stimulated violent factions and intense intolerance of dissent.

Since 1948 the Arab world has suffered 62 successful revolutions and at least 73 unsuccessful revolutions. Only one of the 21 Arab states – Lebanon – could, at one stage, be considered a true democracy. Virtually all the others had one party systems or dictatorships. In the Arab world, revolutions have been the most common means of attaining power and assassinations have been the most prevalent means of political expression. Since 1948, 36 Heads of State were murdered. In addition, more than 100 other major political assassinations have been recorded.

As far as diplomatic relations between Arab states go – there have been over 30 inter-Arab wars and civil wars since 1948. In the Yemen Civil war, Egypt used poison gas against Yemeni tribesmen and Iraq has used chemical warfare against Kurdish civilians.

The disunity of the Arab world and these political upheavals have unsettled Muslims and the harsh extremism of Islamic fundamentalism has eroded their confidence in Islam. The impact of modern technology has also highlighted the inadequacies of Islam to provide relevant answers for everyday life.

Rather than build their wealth through hard work and ingenuity, mideastern oil princes tend to have had the good fortune to have had it discovered under their feet. Even their (foreign) engineers and technicians have had to be brought in to extract, refine and market the oil. In Saudi Arabia, over 60 percent of its skilled labourers are foreigners.

The financial return on every third oil barrel has been spent on weapons of war. The Gulf War alone cost Arab states an estimated $620 Billion. Iran spends 14 percent of its total budget on military weapons, yet only 4 percent on education. In Libya, while vast stockpiles of military hardware are rotting in the desert heat, Muammar Gaddafi decided to spend $35 billion on an artificial river – which would evaporate and dry up before it could bring much benefit to anyone.

and some of you will doubtless blame all this on the United States. Time to think again, methinks.

You mean the part about America not giving a damn about us in Europe for most of WW2, until the Japanese started on them?

By your reckoning, we should hate the Irish for what the IRA did to us. Does that mean we'd be justified in going over there and bombing the hell out of them?

And your point about underprivileged households is complete rubbish. They have access to what the law is, IN THIS COUNTRY, with regards to illegal acts. If my mother is beaten, as she was by a group of chavs, then I have no sympathy for them. They knew what they were doing was wrong as they know the law of the land.

To me, you only LOOK at what's written, you don't READ it. To you, it's just words on a page and you don't look any deeper. It's the ones like you that scare me. You remind me of the type of people that were in the paper a while ago when they vandalised someone's house because they thought he was a paedophile, but was actually a paediatrician. You have the mob rules mentality.[/QU

Then I think it's time that that we give those terrorist countries and "ejumacayshun" aint it? Time to bomb the living crap out of them and then hunt down all them apologists or them apocatharies and go bust down rheir doors, terrify their pets and throw mud and dirt all over their clean washing. Where's the rope boys? I AM the Jolly green giant. The scariest, meanest mo***rf***ker in the valley.

Yeeeeee! Haaaaaaa!:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Then I think it's time that that we give those terrorist countries and "ejumacayshun" aint it? Time to bomb the living crap out of them and then hunt down all them apologists or them apocatharies and go bust down rheir doors, terrify their pets and throw mud and dirt all over their clean washing. Where's the rope boys? I AM the Jolly green giant. The scariest mo***rF***ker in the valley.

Yeeeeee! Haaaaaaa!:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You enjoying that beer, sir?

Archived