Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

Do you really believe that two wrongs make a right?

What did you think the president of the US would do following such an attack? Do nothing? Maybe just go on TV and address the nation expressing his outrage to a nation that was itself outraged.. Appeal to the UN and request that they take some sort of action? :hihi: He did what he was obliged to do and that was to track down the source of the attack and attempt to bring the perpetrators to justice. Had he failed to do this he would have been condemned by Congress and steps would have been taken to impeach him. Impeachment of a presdident is the first step in removing him from office

I shouldn't have to explain all this to you anyway

How do you feel when US military action causes children's deaths?

Tragic and an unfortunate but sadly an inevitable part of war. Always has been, always will. That's the reality

How did Bin Laden feel knowing that HIS action would result in children of his (Faith?) being killed?

I agree it was quite shocking at the time, but in hindsight, not surprising. America has had it coming for a long time. I'm not in anyway saying that those people in the towers deserved to die, but it's understandable that something like that happened.

Also, on your point about how the "terrorists" could sit with the victims in the departure lounge, knowing what they were about to do, it's called brainwashing.

I don't blame those that carried it out. They were following orders that had been fed to them by others in power. These people will have been brainwashed from a very young in to believing that these actions are the word of "God" and that, by carrying them out, they are honourable and will receive riches in the afterlife.

I feel as sorry for these people as I do for those on the planes and in the towers.

That's such a cowardly, mealy mouthed response and so typical of the Muslim apologists and keyboard warriors that haunt this forum.

Why don't you just come right out and say what you really believe instead of tempering your comments with a transparent veneer of phoney compassion :loopy:

That's such a cowardly, mealy mouthed response and so typical of the Muslim apologists and keyboard warriors that haunt this forum.

Why don't you just come right out and say what you really believe instead of tempering your comments with a transparent veneer of phoney compassion :loopy:

I did say what I believe. If you can't see that then that's your problem.

What did you think the president of the US would do following such an attack? Do nothing? Maybe just go on TV and address the nation expressing his outrage to a nation that was itself outraged.. Appeal to the UN and request that they take some sort of action? :hihi:He did what he was obliged to do and that was to track down the source of the attack and attempt to bring the perpetrators to justice. Had he failed to do this he would have been condemned by Congress and steps would have been taken to impeach him. Impeachment of a presdident is the first step in removing him from office

I shouldn't have to explain all this to you anyway

By going in to Iraq? A country that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11?

I think, in terms of sheer innocents killed by pre-emptive action, america is way out in front in the terror stakes. Couple that, with the neo-con imperialistic policy of dominating the middle-eastern oil situation, under the guise of 'encouraging democracy' and it is only blinkered folk who are left in support. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the others are completely shady arseholes who care nothing for the people. If that makes you proud and supportive of america's policies then you are no better than them.

I think, in terms of sheer innocents killed by pre-emptive action, america is way out in front in the terror stakes. Couple that, with the neo-con imperialistic policy of dominating the middle-eastern oil situation, under the guise of 'encouraging democracy' and it is only blinkered folk who are left in support. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the others are completely shady arseholes who care nothing for the people. If that makes you proud and supportive of america's policies then you are no better than them.

Indeed.

So this means that, like richard.lamb tried to claim of me in supporting terrorism, if you support America, you're more of a terrorist supporter.

What I can plainly see is that you and other scum like you are friends to the terrorists :loopy:

Yes, I am aren't I? You got me!

Explain to me how you can "plainly see" that I am "friends" with terrorists. Unless you know me, and know who my friends are, how can you KNOW that I am "friends" to the terrorists?

Archived