Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

Hi Timo,

Point taken and absorbed.

Overall I see no reason not to think that our leaders, indeed the machine behind them, would not be able to match the dignity with which their so-called servants have operated and continue to do so.

Its almost eleven, time to be quiet.

Thanks.

Originally posted by msbehavin

Was quiet in our house - even the dogs sat still for 2 minutes.

Surprising to see the number of Forummers who were posting at 11am on 11/11 though...:(

That's a personal choice made in a democratic society. There's no rules to say you have to be silent. People can mark their respects in whatever way and whenever they like.

Originally posted by wibbles

That's a personal choice made in a democratic society. There's no rules to say you have to be silent. People can mark their respects in whatever way and whenever they like.

democratic indeed - and who do we have to thank for that?

What is the point of constantly having minutes of silence remembering a war that happened years and years ago! A lot of people these days probably don't even know what it was truly all about.

Okay it was a huge war, millions died, I'm not knocking any of this. But surely at some point we can stop these 'minutes of silence' as most people don't follow it anyway. Remember it at home, take the day of work, go to the loo for 5 mins... but have a look around - At 11 this morning there were people in town talking to each other, people on the forum writing, people at my work on the phones... life goes on!

A mere 2 minutes once a year is nothing to ask, considering so many gave their lifes to ensure that "life goes on".

Have some respect, put yourself in the shoes of the soldiers sleeping in 3ft snow and not complaining about it.

Archived