Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

they are on sale and have been for a good 10 days if not longer! I bought my first (always loose them!) last monday.

the appeal started officially today - you won't have seen any sellers on the street or in public places before now. this is against the rules - poppies are only "sold" in this two week window - thats all collectors are licensed for.

In England, there was such a demand for the poppy leaf on the remembrance poppy, that more and more now appear with them fitted. As far as I know, the paper leaves are produced in, and shipped from Belgium (Cost)

close - the paper comes from italy, but the leaves are actually produced in the UK.

Thank you for reminding me of a long forgotten mystery from childhood, and simultaneously solving it. I did used to be very puzzled at what the 'Haig' was doing there. I grew up in an off license so automatically assumed it was something to do with the whisky, and never could figure out the connection!

the appeal started officially today - you won't have seen any sellers on the street or in public places before now. this is against the rules - poppies are only "sold" in this two week window - thats all collectors are licensed for.

well they were selling them in firth park library on tuesday

well they were selling them in firth park library on tuesday

good for them. boxes will sit there, but people won't be actively collecting. if they were, then they shouldn't have been. councils only give out 2 week licenses to sellers, and there are very strict guidelines.

one of THE most poignant nites of the year.......the remembrance night at the albert hall,thousands of poppy petals fall to the sound of the last post.

lest we forget.... they gave up thier lives selflessley,so we could live and be free.

each petal represents a human life.....i always think of the somme and that tremendous human waste,thousands of our lads doing thier duty,believing in thier actions,killed in thier very young prime.

i shall never forget

good for them. boxes will sit there, but people won't be actively collecting. if they were, then they shouldn't have been. councils only give out 2 week licenses to sellers, and there are very strict guidelines.

you might want to tell them that then, as they were definitely for sale - I bought one!

Archived