Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

Polish Lady, I am not being critical of you, and it is good to see both you and Roy remembering the fallen, and I know Poland suffered greatly at the hands of the Germans, but could you try to increase the size of the pictures, they are just a bit small.

Originally posted by polish_lady

I hope they are better for you now,sorry roy cant post as he has got another ban,this one for 3 wks.:thumbsup:

Thank you :thumbsup: Sorry to hear of Roy's ban, although my views are a long way away from Roy's I still think he has the right to air them in public.

When in town yesterday morning I noticed a group from the Respect party holding a demonstration outside the Town Hall. None were wearing poppies. Of course, its their right not to do so, but I couldn't help thinking that their idea of 'respect' doesn't seem to extend to remembrance of the dead and maimed in the two world wars.

I don't care a lot for Respect, LC, but the idea to me that you have to 'show' your respect for the dead to others by wearing a poppy strikes me as a bit daft. I have been told off this week for not wearing a poppy by people who hardly know me and certainly have no idea how I feel towards those who died!

Originally posted by Greybeard

Indeed ! And Tony Blair will be at the Cenotaph on Sunday laying his wreath.

I hope he will be mindful of the 97 British service personel who have died in Iraq for no better cause than his peculiar vanity :mad:

Mate, we all know Blair's a Muppet but this isn't the thread for anti-Blair jibes.. If you want to slag him off do your own thread.

Originally posted by polish_lady

We Declare Total War

Slightly distastefull sentiment given that today is about remembering the horros of war and the importance we that we all strive to never repeat them.

But I seem to remember your last sig was an even more inappropriate quote from Adolf Hitler, so I suppose in that light this is an improvement.

On a more possitive note is it just me or has anyone noticed a huge increase in the number of people wearing a poppy this year, I was talking to a vet in town on Saturday and he certialny felt more pople were supproting the appeal this year.

Archived