Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

no, I will donate money but I will not pay for a piece of rubbish! They need to rethink the stupid thing.

You see, I think half of the thing is to do with fund raising, but the other half is wearing your poppy to show your support for those killed/injured at war.

The environmental impact, I feel is minimal. If concerned you could take it to bits and recycle it, or even save it and re-use it next year (but make a new donation, of course). There are bigger dangers to the environment than a tiny piece of plastic and some coloured paper.

I also believe that the poppies are made by disabled ex-servicemen, so the day also helps support their employment.

I also believe that the poppies are made by disabled ex-servicemen, so the day also helps support their employment.

the normal poppies themselves aren't, but other products such as the crosses are. they also pack larger poppies and other small items. they make the wreaths too.

You see, I think half of the thing is to do with fund raising, but the other half is wearing your poppy to show your support for those killed/injured at war.

The environmental impact, I feel is minimal. If concerned you could take it to bits and recycle it, or even save it and re-use it next year (but make a new donation, of course). There are bigger dangers to the environment than a tiny piece of plastic and some coloured paper.

but all are rubbish, the environmental impact is not minimal because everyone gets them, everyone gets red noses, everyone gets breast cancer ribbons etc etc

Just got mine. Another thing that's new is today I was offered the choice of a pin one or a sticky one. The lady said the sticky ones have been around for a couple of years but first time I've ever seen them. Might try one of those tomorrow.

Archived