Remembrance/Armistice Day (11 November)

Don't talk stupid, I turned over to watch it on the ITV and X Factor was on, I always stop and think about the people that have given their lives for us. Or are you one of the people on this forum that just like to have a dig at others?

You're the one who came on here to have a dig at other people!! You seem determined to pack a little bit of hypocrisy into every post.

And you say your turned over from the BBC at 11. Why?!

You're the one who came on here to have a dig at other people!! You seem determined to pack a little bit of hypocrisy into every post.

And you say your turned over from the BBC at 11. Why?!

I never said I always watch it on the BBC, I have not had a dig at anyone other than you and your post having a go at me. I was having a go at ITV. As for wanting to watch it on the ITV why should I not turn over to see it on there? Why am I a hypocrite?

I turned the tv over from the BBC at 11 to find the X Factor was on. Millions of people are showing their respect to the dead who died to save this country you show X Factor you should be ashamed.:rant:

There is no need for it to be shown on all commercial channels.

I thought all channels usually observed the silence, although only the BBC shows the coverage of the service.

Maybe ITV observed it on the 11th though.

Choosing my words carefully, I think that the silence would get more support if we just had one, either on the Sunday or on the 11th. Having two does slightly confuse some people. I observed both so don't get on your high horses with me - I'm just stating that I think it would be more widely observed if there was only one, rather than two to "choose" from.

I turned the tv over from the BBC at 11 to find the X Factor was on. Millions of people are showing their respect to the dead who died to save this country you show X Factor you should be ashamed.:rant:

There's some prime advertising space on the Cenotaph. Perhaps they should allow advertising on it for Remembrance Sunday and the money raised go to the British Legion.

I never said I always watch it on the BBC, I have not had a dig at anyone other than you and your post having a go at me. I was having a go at ITV. As for wanting to watch it on the ITV why should I not turn over to see it on there? Why am I a hypocrite?

Your posts seem hypocritical to me for two reasons. Firstly because you were clearly more interested in being outraged about the absence of a silence on ITV than on observing the silence shown on BBC. People are bemused by your turning to ITV because it makes no sense, and your reasons for doing so don't really add up. I'm guessing that others, like myself, suspect that you were looking for something to be cross about. Secondly, you berate me for coming on here simply to 'have a go' at people when you started this tread to have a go at the ITV schedulers and, by extension, at all the people who chose to watch the Xfactor at 11am today.

Your first post was submitted at 11.06am, so I'm guessing your started angrily typing at 11.03am at the latest. A time when millions of people were quietly watching the coverage on BBC and thinking about the sacrifices that have been made to ensure that we live in a land where people are free to watch the Xfactor instead.

Archived