Any 'posh/nice' restaurants on/near Ecclesall road?

s20mark

Hi Everyone,

my first post although i have been reading the forums occasionally recently,

Can anyone sugest a really nice restaurant on/near Ecclesall road please for a Saturday night, somewhere to have a great meal and bottle of champers etc?

we are taking friends out from Nottinghamshire for their anniversary and would love to take them to a good 'posh' place to eat, we would like to go to the usual pubs on Eccy road then to the restaurant around 9pm,

any ideas please?

we would even consider other parts of town if the pubs/restaurant are nice?

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Walnut Club on Eccy Rd!! been 3 times now, surroundings gorgeous, food excellent, service very good. If you are in a group you can get one of the slightly bigger tables which has an icebucket built into the centre of the table which I think is very cool!! would definitely recommend!

thanks for the replies,

a couple of people have also recommended Aagrah in Leopold sq, is the Aagrah special or just 'another curry house',

i have narrowed it down to either 'Walnut club on Ecclesall road' or 'Aagrah in Leoplod sq'

what would people recommend between the 2, we would be having a meal and a couple of bottles of champers?

Archived