Buy cheap buy twice... quality counts or cheap and cheerful

Tony

I'd rather have fewer things, but nicer things, if that is the same. I have one pen, but it cost me £60 - which is a silly amount to spend on a pen, but it was half price and I'd just got a new job. I've had it 9 years.

But then I have two cars, and you'd struggle to raise much more than £2k if you sold them both. They both run like clockwork, however. Annoyingly so in the case of one of them as I am looking for an excuse to get rid of it, but now matter how badly I treat it it won't die!

What's this? "Resurrect-an-old-Tony-thread" day or something? Did I miss the sticky/memo?

This must be the 7th or 8th thread started by Tony in 2007/2008, which I have ran across using the "new posts" search :huh:

(no objection, of course, but there's quite a pattern by now and it's just a bit...weird!)

The older I get the more I come to realise that those old sayings are right.

Buy cheap buy twice; from furniture to holidays, cars to lawnmowers.

Do you find that if you spend wisely on quality you will spend less in the long run?

Depends..... do you happen to buy expensive gold plated HDMI cables such as these?

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=hdmi+cable&safe=off&show=dd&lnk=pruser&price1=30&price2=200

What's this? "Resurrect-an-old-Tony-thread" day or something? Did I miss the sticky/memo?

This must be the 7th or 8th thread started by Tony in 2007/2008, which I have ran across using the "new posts" search :huh:

(no objection, of course, but there's quite a pattern by now and it's just a bit...weird!)

haha, was thinking the same! they just go from bad to worse :)

Archived