Buy cheap buy twice... quality counts or cheap and cheerful

Tony

So it cost you £219 a year.

Are you saying it was a bad choice?

Well it was probably up to 50% more expensive at that time than one by Dell / HiGrade. In the garage I have the remains of a HiGrade laptop that I bought in (ISTR) '97 and that lasted <2 years.

So, unless I had invested in a time machine as well as a laptop it looks like it was very good value.

On this one I have to say it depends on what it is.

There are some things such as furniture and clothes that I really do think it worth investing in.I dont spend a fortune on clothes but I like good quality rather than being bothered so much about labels. I like to get Fat Face clothes as I do a lot of casual walking with the dogs and they are comfortable and for business would get something decent maybe from John lewis.

I have inherited some of my furniture from my Mum who died last August and she had it all her married life. I had it French polished and it lokks great and is very solid.

However, as my short term memory isnt good I tend to forget where I put pens and umberellas so I tend not to spend much on those as I loose them too often:roll:

Would rather spend more for something that will last longer. $20 might seem a lot for a t-shirt for example but if it lasts 5 times longer than a $5 one (and keeps it's shape/colour) then you're better of buying the $20 one.

Would rather spend more for something that will last longer. $20 might seem a lot for a t-shirt for example but if it lasts 5 times longer than a $5 one (and keeps it's shape/colour) then you're better of buying the $20 one.

I agree but sometimes in the past I have paid a lot for a T shirt and it still went out of shape.

You can usually tell the quality just by the feel of the fabric.

Archived