Is Broomhill a safe area? cheers

smint

Hi, I am a new student in sheffield and found a room in Broomhill opposite to the Somefield supermarket which is a backstreet house. I am not sure if there is safe for a girl and how much the rental as usual? Anyone can give me some suggestion? I am really appreciate your help.

Broomhill is generally safe in my opinion. I lived there for 3 years in a shared house and had little bother. There's always plenty of people about and you're unlikely to have any bother on the streets.

The area itself is good, it's just some of the student properties aren't as secure as they might be. If it has decent windows and doors, and a well lit access route then you should be fine.

I agree with scottf - about £50 - 60 per week.

Hope that helps and that you settle in :)

Yeah - I must admit, I work at the Uni of Shef, and students aren't the *stereotypical* bunch I always expected. It's the best job I ever had ! Great atmosphere :-)

Anyway, back on topic heheheheh.... My workmates advised me that Broomhill was a great area, when I first started and was looking for a flat. They've all lived in Sheffield all their lives , so I believe them !

personal safety-wise, not heard much bad stuff about broomhill's but in terms of burglary etc it's got a higher crime rate than many other areas including the supposedly dodgy ones.

my mate lived in one of the back street houses down opposite somerfield - very nice houses - he got his car radio nicked on his first night there.

having lived in both, i think the best student area is hunter's bar not broomhill!

Archived