What's your absolute favourite restaurant in Sheffield?

hillsgal

I think I prefer the Baan Thai myself...although that could be entirely due to the fact that when I went to the Siam Inter I had a jungle curry which tasted fabulous until I absent-mindedly ate an entire green chili in one go, having mistaken it for a bit of green pepper (that'll teach me to pay attention to my food!). I really wanted to keep eating cos the curry tasted amazing, but it's the only meal I've ever had that was physically painful and I'm pretty good with hot food! I should give the Siam Inter another go though, we've been to the Baan Thai quite a lot and it's always good to have a change.

I lived in Thailand for 3yrs and haven't quite got my taste buds round to eating in a UK Thai place yet. Although we did look at the menus of those places and they did look very tempting, now I just have to get my head round paying those prices, and telling them I want it Thai spicy

Can anyone tell me anything about Seasons on Abbeydale Road or Cafe Ceres? I can't find anything useful online. Mostly I'd just like to get an idea what sort of food they serve, what the vegetarian options are like and what the price range is. I don't know either of them and quite a few people seem to like them, so I might have to try them out.

I should probably post my favourite restaurants as well - I can't narrow it down to a particular type of food cos that all depends what mood I'm in, but here are my ultimate favourites...

Italian - Piccolo's on West Street or La Scala in Millhouses

Thai - Baan Thai

Chinese - Hei Moon in Hillsborough (Middlewood Road opposite the park) or Wong Ting in town (Matilda Street)

Middle Eastern - Rowsha in Walkley or Shiraz on Abbeydale Road

Japanese - LOVE the veg tempura noodle soup at East Ocean, but that's about the only veggie dish they do that isn't just plain veg stir-fry! I'm planning to try Tokyou, the new noodle bar at Castle Square soon (as recommended here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=380710&highlight=noodle)

Indian sub-continent - Kashmir Curry Centre on Spital Hill, 7 Spices at West Bar or Balti King in Broomhill (controversially, since everyone seems to think it's only bad food for drunk students. It's not, unless you turn up roaring drunk at 1am).

Can anyone tell me anything about Seasons on Abbeydale Road or Cafe Ceres? I can't find anything useful online. Mostly I'd just like to get an idea what sort of food they serve, what the vegetarian options are like and what the price range is. I don't know either of them and quite a few people seem to like them, so I might have to try them out.

This is the websire for Seasons:

http://www.seasonsbistrosheffield.co.uk/

Can anyone tell me anything about Seasons on Abbeydale Road or Cafe Ceres? I can't find anything useful online. Mostly I'd just like to get an idea what sort of food they serve, what the vegetarian options are like and what the price range is. I don't know either of them and quite a few people seem to like them, so I might have to try them out..

Cafe Ceres serve simple french food cooked to perfection. My boyfriend and I ate there on Friday night - he had cod fillet in white wine sauce and fresh veg, I had pork chop with potatoes dauphinoise (sp?). For pudding we each had the lemon tartlette (heaven!). Our bill came to £22 including corkage for our wine (it's BYO) which I think is very reasonable. For vegetarians there isn't a marvellous choice but the menu changes frequently and there are always a couple of options (eg french onion tart, vegetable lasagne) available. Hope this helps Hillsgal!

It's good to see the same names coming round again and again. I'm a big fan of Baan Thai, Wasabi Sabi, the Pasta Bar (especially the puds!). And a quick mention for the New Zing Vaa on Ecclesall Road South - I've never found a chinese takeaway that even gets close!

Archived