What's your absolute favourite restaurant in Sheffield?

hillsgal

I'm surprised how many people prefer Bann Thai to the Siam Inter. Although Baan Thai is very good, it's just lacking something which makes it feel like proper thai food.

As for decent Chinese take-aways, I reckon Happiness on Abbeydale Road (just before the lights down from Tesco) takes some beating. Well worth a visit.

I'd agree with you on that.

And you can watch them cook it up too.

:thumbsup:

I used to love New Zing Vaa when I lived in Broomhill, in fact even after I moved away I was sometimes known to drive all the way there from Hillsborough!

Can't fault the Hei Moon in Hillsborough though, it's a restaurant & also does takeaway and the food is fantastic.

I'm surprised how many people prefer Bann Thai to the Siam Inter. Although Baan Thai is very good, it's just lacking something which makes it feel like proper thai food.

As for decent Chinese take-aways, I reckon Happiness on Abbeydale Road (just before the lights down from Tesco) takes some beating. Well worth a visit.

Never having had Thai food in Thailand (although it's towards the top of my list of places I want to go!) I wouldn't recognise it if the Baan Thai wasn't proper Thai food...I've only been to the Siam Inter once and I'd definitely go again just for a change, but I can't find fault with the Baan Thai at all - food, price, atmosphere, surroundings & service are all great.

Agree absolutely about Thyme Cafe - truly fabulous quite inventive food and although not cheap, great value for money for what you get. Also a huge fan of Catch in Crosspool - run by the same people as Thyme Cafe (no they don't pay me, I wish they did) - beautiful fish dishes, outstanding.

Also like the Milestone, East One, Wasabisabi, Spinrocs in Crookes (though mourn the old menu from before the refurb, new one is nowhere near as good) and on the Thai debate, I am still mourning the loss of Bahn Nah and have yet to try one even half as good (Bahn Thai is not even close, but not tried Siam Inter).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived