The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Come on, that’s no reason to have exclusively gay bars. You should have got out the closet allot sooner. Your situation was no ones faulty, but your own! ;)

I came ouut almost 7 years ago when i was about 15, it had nothing to do with coming out, i was already out. But i had nowhere to go back then before i lived in sheffield, now i know where i can go i enjoy it

I agree with Gone GaGa. I prefer gay venues because I find it easier to relax in them. I can be myself more easily than in "straight" places.

I definately agree and think it's important to have exclusive gay venues, myself, sometimes you just wanna be surrounded by other LGBT people. I acknowledge as well that some LGBT people perhaps will never feel confident enough to visit a straight venue.

I just feel it's important to have mixed venues such as Lions, Affinity & Sanctuary (for the moment) where LGBT and straight people happily mix and enjoy themselves. If we avoid straight people, we are never going to find acceptance and straight people are never going to come to realise that we are just people like them, out for a good night :)

Archived