The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Was in Lions Lair last night, and i hear from James (jamesogt) that i am accused of being jamesogt under a different name! Can i assure you all, that i live about 8 miles away from James and have no financial ties with lions lair!

I do however find Lions lair and dempseys to be the only 2 gay places in sheffield that i actually feel welcomed with open arms, and where i personally (and my friends also) have an excellent repore with the owners and staff. I just see this as the venue looking after their customers. Both Lions and Dempseys staff always smile and chat to you when in, and although we're not exactly 'going out' friends, i do class them as friends.

I dont feel i can say the same about the reception you get at Affinity of Sanc. Sanc is a lot better than the ice-queens at Affinity though, i have to give them that.

Xes i can't comment on as i dont go.

Anyway...

Was in Lions Lair last night, and i hear from James (jamesogt) that i am accused of being jamesogt under a different name! Can i assure you all, that i live about 8 miles away from James and have no financial ties with lions lair!

I do however find Lions lair and dempseys to be the only 2 gay places in sheffield that i actually feel welcomed with open arms, and where i personally (and my friends also) have an excellent repore with the owners and staff. I just see this as the venue looking after their customers. Both Lions and Dempseys staff always smile and chat to you when in, and although we're not exactly 'going out' friends, i do class them as friends.

I dont feel i can say the same about the reception you get at Affinity of Sanc. Sanc is a lot better than the ice-queens at Affinity though, i have to give them that.

Xes i can't comment on as i dont go.

Anyway...

I find Dempseys staff very nice and easy to chat to, I feel when you go as much as me and they get used to the face, that helps, and their staff have been there for many many years.

Lions Lair staff are ok, depends who is working though.

Never had a problem with Affinity myself, but Sanctuary can be a bit stand off, serve you and thats it.

Before anyone asks I am not jamesogt, I smile more :P:P

as of now sanctuary will no longer be taking part in any discussions on this forum, posts keep getting deleted and its a waste of time trying to sort it. for all info on the sanctuary now, check our facebook page.

They are being deleted because armystu keeps typing in text speak, which isnt allowed, and some of his comments are, well ............ deletable.

He doesnt come across as very well on here.

love to no were you get ur info carb but you need to sack him or her you should just ask for my mobile that way u will get the rite info the act was paid on contract befor she even came to venue and staff are paid on fri so we raised 50 pounds and we then put another 150 so 200 in total not a lot granted but not many people turned out but 200 is better than notin

Good to see that you managed to raise a decent amount on your HIV night; unfortunately, I was in Manchester the same night as a guest at a special launch party for the Carlos Lopez SAFE SEX DVD in Spirit; I then went on to the HIV DAY vigil and afterparty at VIA, where I took to the stage for some fundraising Karaoke and raised over £60! Rowetta also took to the stage to do a few numbers, and altogether it was a fantabulous night, that Sheffield's Scene can only dream of at present!:hihi:

Hi, just to addrtess everyones issues. I SACKED THE DJ from the last tease and this time I have a DJ from the Hallam Union itself. I was far from happy with his antics and did not even pay him for what he did. Offending people and stopping the music was not what i wantewd and everyone else for that matter! HE IS GONE!! be rest assured on that one! Hope to see you all there on friday! Lets make it a success together and have another regular night on the calendar! All the venues are suporting it!

See you all there!

Tease

xxxx

Hi, just to addrtess everyones issues. I SACKED THE DJ from the last tease and this time I have a DJ from the Hallam Union itself. I was far from happy with his antics and did not even pay him for what he did. Offending people and stopping the music was not what i wantewd and everyone else for that matter! HE IS GONE!! be rest assured on that one! Hope to see you all there on friday! Lets make it a success together and have another regular night on the calendar! All the venues are suporting it!

See you all there!

Tease

xxxx

Seems a bit harsh doesnt it ..

Not really. did you attend the last tease? the dj ruined alot of peoples nights. did tease go okay btw last night? Also to add to most of this thread, we are big supporters of the gay scene, and are very happy that speedqueen is now a majority gay night, but shouldnt you all be sticking together instead of slating each others bars and clubs. You get enough discrimination out of the gay scene, with the rest of the sheffield scene being quite anti-gay, so why discriminate within it? at the end of the day, you are going to be in competition with each other, but different gay people like different things, so are going to attend different venues.it doesnt mean you should be at war about it. every member of the gay scene is not going to like the SAME THING.

Archived