The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Surely the more bars and clubs on the scene, the better for the Sheffield scene as a whole - and all the exisiting bars ? Hope it happens - Good luck !

Anywhere that opens less than 50 yards away is bound to help if it is gay orientated. Before or after, as speedqueen well shows when their events are on we are much busier, both as a pre bar and after party venue. Anything that encourages more people to venture out the better we say. Even on a big night at Embrace we get some spill over just for our location! I would rather be right next door to what could be the biggest gay venue in town, than further away from it. That is what suits Lions so well is that it is literally a minutes walk from everywhere.

Anywhere that opens less than 50 yards away is bound to help if it is gay orientated. Before or after, as speedqueen well shows when their events are on we are much busier, both as a pre bar and after party venue. Anything that encourages more people to venture out the better we say. Even on a big night at Embrace we get some spill over just for our location! I would rather be right next door to what could be the biggest gay venue in town, than further away from it. That is what suits Lions so well is that it is literally a minutes walk from everywhere.

Good if there will be another Gay Bar within easy reach of the Cultural Industries Quarter and all the art exhibition venues such as Bloc Space, persistence Works, S1 Artspace, (Literally just around the corner), etc.

This could be the start of a genuine Sheffield 'Gay Village' after all...:love:

I would love to know why you consistently link the gay scene with "artspace". Surely there are as many homosexualists into, oh I don't know, football or science fiction as there are into the arts?

Why do you protest so much about this Benson? I fully agree with Tyranna - there are far more gays into say art than football and indeed some are gay artists themselves whatever the media or even performance art - and I think it is an excellent idea and boost for Sheffield to link up the gay scene with the art scene - there is a gay artists exhibition run every year in Spring by Tyranna called GALA which shows excellent work - if I do say so myself :)

It would be nice also to show more art work in gay bars and pubs so long as the art work is not in danger of being defaced/vandalised by the punters - though if it were that would surely be a sad comment on Sheffield gays LOL

I would love to know why you consistently link the gay scene with "artspace". Surely there are as many homosexualists into, oh I don't know, football or science fiction as there are into the arts?

I know loads of gay men into science fiction (me included), more than arts.

Archived