The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Excellent night last night.... normally a lull after climax, but wen to dempseys at midnight, then lions lair after party from 3am... absolutely amazing.

It was one of those nights you dont plan on being out late... then we got handed a card in dempseys to say their DJ was playing at Lions... so we went anyway as we fancied more cheese... had the best night ever. I think we left about 645am.... wicked.

Hats off to all involved in the Demps / Lions partnership.

lol @ Carbs!

Yes i am some kind of a vampire, and i had multiple feasts at dempseys so my energy levels were high! ;-)

I got in at 7am, then had to go to work at 10am! So i didnt sleep much! It was well worth it though, im stil feeling all buzzy and tingly from last night... was just the best.

Just goes to show its the people and the vibe in a venue that make it.... im suddenly feeling im not that bothered about manc or leeds anymore!

Off to bed now....

Anybody who has been barred from Club Sanctuary, their bar has now been lifted as a suvice period has now passed and we fully understand if they do not wish to come into the venue, (yes James Brown that includes you lol)

Thank you very much, Stu!

I'll try and get down for Poptastic, as it should be a good night!:thumbsup:

So it appears that parts of the Gay Population of Sheffield appear to think we all have it in for each other. By not doing things publicly together it only helps those that like to create differences between us.

We are all very aware of the financial implications of Sheffield Pride 2009 and a lot of the bars are having events seperately already.

This is an event to show publicly that we can all work together for the bettering of a cause that in the long run does us all a lot of good. Just as Lions and Dempseys had such a great night on what usually i an anti Climax lull!

So I am proposing a small 5 aside football competition between the 5 bars to take place on an early evening followed by a 5 bar crawl of the participants. The date is open I have just put this as a suggestion.

There could be more teams should regulars etc want to play. If it was £25 per team plus costs for the pitch we would raise £125 more towards Shefield Pride. Should teams of regulars participate then we could raise even more.

Please write suggestions on the wall or any other ideas for the evening you may have. I have limited the invites to start with to see how the response is!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=45084273866

would any of you lot be interested in joining a gay football team if there was one in Sheffield?

many other cities have one and its a really good way to meet new people and to generally have a good laugh

would any of you lot be interested in joining a gay football team if there was one in Sheffield?

many other cities have one and its a really good way to meet new people and to generally have a good laugh

Why not sort a team for the fund raiser and tap some people when there !

Archived